Chapter 28: Mad At Myself

Previously on You Don't Know Me.

"That your hurting, that when you saw your family being blown up it was the ending of your world. That walking back into this house with your family's blood on your face and clothes broke you. You're going to admit that you're broken. Your heart is empty, you want to scream and just take everything back. You want to be a sweet little girl again. You want to be helped but not reaching for it. Let meh-."

Mariana POV

I get cut off by a heart-wrenching scream. I see Billie bang her desk and her screams turn into loud sobs. I instantly regret coming in here and trying to see her real side. It hurt my heart to see her breaking down. She falls down to the ground but lands in my arms.

She starts heaving and I try my best to calm her down. I rock her but it gets her worked up even more. I see maneuvering around in her pocket. She takes out her pistol. "No, Billie." I try to take the gun away from her. But her grip is too strong. "Mariana, you need to leave."

"No, I'm not leaving you here to shoot your head off. Let go of the gun!" We're fighting for the gun and we pull the trigger by accident putting a hole in the wall. I finally get it from her and I straddle crossing her arms across her chest. Tears are gushing out of her eyes.

She pushes me off of her and grabs the gun from my hand. I have to get rid of the gun. How? By throwing it out the open window. I tackle her and she falls to the ground and grunts loudly. "Give me the gun Billie!" She pulls it harder and she's way stronger than me so I start to struggle.

She stands up and my short ass jumps on her back wrapping my elbow around her neck. At this point, I have her in a chokehold but it's not for long because she forces my arms off of her. The gun falls to the ground in the process and she grabs it and I smack it out of her hands, I take the pistol and finally, throw it out the window.

"WHAT DID YOU DO!?" She yells at me and I flinch at her words, I've never had her yell at me like this before.

"Billie, please stop." I plead with her to calm down and remember who she's talking too.

"Don't tell me to STOP. Let me die!" She yells.

"No, I can't let you do that!"

"YOU DON'T KNOW ME!" and with that, she punches me, I yelp in shock and pain. She punches me again. Usually, I'll fight back, but I'm so vulnerable towards her that I just take them in pain. She pins me on the wall. I can't help but break down in front of her.

"Shut the hell up!" She snaps and drops me to the ground before straddling and wrapping her hands around my neck. I scratch at her hands and scream for help. I hear the door open and Billie being pried off me. Billie is escorted out of the room, while I lay there motionless.

Infirmary workers come in and checks on me and bandage up the bruises on my face. I walk out not wanting to talk or face anyone. I go to the gym and I see a boxing bag. I gear up quickly and begin punching at the bag.

Right Fist
Left Fist
Right Fist
Right Fist
Kick

I do that combination for 45 minutes. Just focusing on the punching bag. To be honest, I'm not mad at Billie for beating the shit out of me. I saw a side that she didn't want anyone to see. I guess she's just mad at me for doing that.

"You were right." I hear a familiar voice behind me says. I turn to see Billie fiddling with her rings. "I'm damaged, and me acting like there's nothing wrong is a disgrace to my family. I'm sorry." She continues.

"I'm sorry, I went too far," I tell her.

"I shouldn't have put my hands on you, it was out of line. I went too far. I love you Mariana. I was mad at myself. For acting oblivious.

"I forgive you, I just want you to be happy Billie. I love you." She nods in understanding. I walk to her and lock lips with her. I missed her touch, her lips on mine. Her fingers in my hair. I missed her.

———————————————

Right now, Claudia is feeling a bit better and she has the whole gang around her. "As you all know, Billie's birthday is in 6 days. Which means her life is in more danger than it could be." Claudia says. Billie rolls her eyes in annoyance "No, it isn't." Billie says.

Claudia clears her throat, "Yes, it is. There will gang after gang trying to get to Billie before her birthday which means she'll need extra protection. So that means security will escort her everywhere. Any visitors we get will have a background check, and people will take shifts at her bedroom door at night."

Billie groans out loud, I massage her shoulders. Claudia says "Now, let's talk about Billie's birthday party and Mafia Leader initiation. It will be like a prom for this world. You dress to impress. Each and every one of you has a personal designer who will be making your dresses and suits. The venue will not be here but in Vegas. Find your dates also."

When Claudia says "Find your dates" literally, a good 4 or 5 girls prance their way over to Billie. "DON'T even think about it," Billie says, and Natalie says "She obviously wasn't talking to me, it's you guys." Billie looks up, grabs a pocket knife from her pocket and throws it at a wooden table. The pocket knife pierces through the table. "That will happen to you if you think you're better than someone in here. Bitch." She gets up and walks out of the house slamming the metal doors.