LET THE GREAT GAME BEGIN

Kings Landing. 293 AC.

Genna.

Travelling by ship was long and arduous and incredibly boring even on this monstrosity that her nephews had somehow managed to have built. Kevan was absolutely delighted with both the design and how quickly they were now able to construct one of these large pinnacle ships, as he called them.

The first one the Lion's Roar had taken almost a full year to build, almost two thousand men had laboured over it and that was without the countless number of craftsmen who made the rigging, sails and other parts of the ship. This ship the Lady Joanna was built in a little less than six moons, each time they'd built one they'd refined the process and were now building numerous ships at the same time, the small folk in Lannisport had never had it so good and Kevan was practically revered by them.

She knew the cost was incredible, but in less than a year of working the Lion's Roar had almost paid for itself, the sheer amount of cargo it could carry, the speed at sea while it made journeys, even in Bravos it was practically legendary already. Genna loved walking the deck, the steadiness of it was surprising her every time, not once since they'd left Lannisport had she felt the sickness of the sea, which she was most grateful for.

"Auntie, look at the birdies." Joy said running up from behind her.

"They're pretty aren't they Joy?"

"Pretty birdies, auntie." the little girl said smiling as a gull ducked below the water.

"Ouch fishie." Joy said as the bird came back up with a fish in its mouth.

"Come Joy, lets go it's lesson time."

"No auntie, birdies." Joy crossed her arms and stamped her foot, Genna couldn't help but laugh, she wasn't Jon, that wouldn't work on her.

"Joy," she said raising her voice.

The little girl huffed and turned and they headed back down to the large dining area she'd commandeered for their lessons. She had only given them brief history lessons on Kings Landing and the Red Keep itself and had allowed Jon to fit in stories of knights, kings, and battles to keep her boys interested.

Now though they were almost in sight of Blackwater Bay so she knew she needed to begin telling the children how to behave, Loras and Jon would be no problem and Joy would either be with Jon or Gerion most of the time. But Lancel was at times even too arrogant to be a Lannister, while her boys and Kevan's youngest had never been in the presence of the royal family.

"Jon." she heard Joy shout as she ran to jump into Jon's arms, the sight never fails to make her laugh.

"Hello, Joy, where were you?"

"On ship Jon, seeing the birdies."

"Did you see fishies Joy?"

"Birdie made fishie ouch Jon." Joy said and Jon grabbed her and began tickling her.

"No Jon Stop." she giggled.

Genna nodded at him and he lifted Joy up and sat her on his lap while she grabbed a chair and sat down, her boys immediately looking to her as did Martyn and Willem, Lancel though sat there with a bored expression on his face.