BROTHERS IN ARMS

Lynesse.

She was glad Dacey had come with her, sneaking off from Jorah had been a problem in of itself, but luckily at Dacey's insistence Lyra and Jory had convinced her husband and his uncle to show them the top of the wall. So he had kissed her and left with them giving her and Dacey a chance to go and visit the Maester. When she had found out the man was blind she had felt such a fool, she should have gone to the Maester in White Harbor, but Dacey and the old Maester himself reassured her that everything would be all right.

Given how the examination was going, in the end his blindness was a comfort, no one had seen this much of her since she married Jorah and thankfully she would still be able to say that after the Maester was done. She had taken her clothes off and had lay down on the cold table and watched on in surprise as the Maester moved around the room with no difficulty at all, even at one point dodging Dacey as she moved in front of him. Now the examination itself was beginning and she thanked the gods the old man had warmed his hands.

"Do you feel any tenderness here my dear?" he asked as he lifted her breast.

"I do Maester, mainly in the morning or when I sleep at night."

"And sickness, have you had any?"

"I have though it seems to have passed."

"Any problems with food?"

"Aye, some of it makes me want to vomit."

The Maester nodded along and she shivered as his hands felt her stomach and pelvis, before he told her she could get dressed.

"Congratulations my dear you are with child." the Maester said.

"Are you sure Maester?" she asked as her eyes began to water.

"Aye I am, I would say four moons to be precise."

"And all is well Maester, the babe is healthy?" Dacey asked.

"Very well I would say, I recommend you eat more my dear, apart from that don't over strain yourself and all will be proceed as it should."

She quickly dressed unable to stop the smile which had formed on her face, when she was ready Dacey came over and embraced her in a warm hug and both of them laughed at the relief the news brought.

"I take it this news pleases you?" the Maester asked.

"It does Maester, it does it pleases me very much."

The old man smiled and she and Dacey thanked him before leaving his quarters, they were just in time to see Jorah and the rest of their family leave the lift. She wanted nothing more than to run to her bear and tell him the good news, to tell him the truth, but she wanted it to be just the two of them when she did so. When Jorah came over to her and Dacey she motioned for him to follow her to their room, Dacey gave her a wink and took her sisters and headed in the other direction, once they arrived and entered the room she closed the door after her.

"My lord I've some news." she said softly.

"News? About what." Jorah asked confused.

"I'm with child Jorah." she said biting her lip."

"Truly?" he asked looking at her hopefully.