A KING IS BORN

Summerhall 296 AC.

Jon.

They were less than a day from it and both he and Rhaenix were nervous, this was where it had all almost ended. They had lost so much here and yet it was also where his father was born, where Duncan the Tall saved his grandmother and ensured his father was born. Among salt and smoke his father had been brought into this world and because of it, he'd believed himself to be the Prince That Was Promised.

Now according to everyone that was him, it was always supposed to be him, and not even death it seemed was going to stop that. Mya had shown him as much, Rhaenys agreed with her, and he'd seen the dragon fly over Summerhall, was it true? Was he inevitable as Mya said? And if so was he worth it? Sitting there under the bright light of the sun he questioned it, as he had since she'd spoken to him.

"What's on your mind, my king?" Arthur asked taking him from his thoughts.

"What?" he said shaking his head.

"There are times when I look at you and I see your mother, Jae, others when you are your father's son. Right now it's the latter, so speak, what's on your mind, my king?".

"I…Mya, the things she showed me, the things she said, it's...I don't know it's one thing being told you're some prophesized prince, it's another seeing it, being shown that no matter what, you were almost meant to be.".

"What did she show you?.".

"What do you know of Prince Duncan?." he asked.

"The Prince of Dragonflies." Arthur said with a chuckle "I know he married for love, that he gave up the throne for the woman he wished to be with." Arthur said.

"And?.".

"That he and so many more lost their lives in Summerhall.".

"He was supposed to be my grandfather." Jon said and Arthur looked at him oddly.

"How could that be?.".

"I don't know Arthur, but his wife, Jenny she was pregnant with the man who was supposed to be my father, Daeron Targaryen he would have been named, as would I.". Jon said sadly.

"But if, then how?" Arthur asked confused.

"I had to be born, when Prince Duncan when Jenny died, they switched me. I don't know how but they switched me.".

"And you believe this?" Arthur asked.

"I was taken away in the embrace of a dragon and then returned, that's what she told me. I saw it, Arthur, with Rhaenys, I saw it, I know how crazy it sounds, believe me, I do, but I saw it." Jon said softly.

"Saw what?.".

"I saw the dragon over Summerhall, over the Red Keep, over Casterly Rock and over the Tower of Joy. I saw a dragon being born, I was that dragon Arthur, Rhaenys was, Tyrion was.".

"You realize how that sounds?" Arthur said and Jon laughed.

"I realize more than you think. You think I don't wish to ignore all of this, that I don't worry I'm as mad as my grandfather was? Every day I find myself worrying about that, thinking of that, do you think me mad Arthur?." he asked his eyes on the knight.