A BROTHERS JUSTICE

Casterly Rock 294 AC.

Tyrion.

He sat there stewing as Loras, Gerion and Jon left. Jon that wasn't even the boy's true name, Jaehaerys Targaryen heir to the Iron Throne and not Jon Snow bastard of Winterfell. In a way he was happy for the boy, with everything he had done for his family and with his temperament and personality Jaime was right he was what the realm needed. So then why was he so damn angry about it, Was it just not knowing? Was it that he should have guessed it? He prided himself on his intelligence and yet he'd not for once suspected it.

He had known there was more to Jon than just Jaime taking him under his wing, while unlike Genna he had never suspected he was Jaime's son, he had known there was something else about him. Seeing all the things Jon had done since coming West he had thought Jaime had seen it too, seen that spark in him and wished to see it develop. As he looked to his brother he realized then what he was so angry about, Why hadn't he confided in him?.

"I'm sorry brother." Jaime said.

"Why? Why didn't you tell me? Why did you keep it a secret from me?" Tyrion said his hurt clear despite the angry tone.

"Jon needed to know first Tyrion, I couldn't tell anyone until I told him."

"Then why didn't you tell me after then, why wait until now Jaime?"

"I, we needed to deal with it, you remember how Jon was before we left, how hurt he was?"

"Aye."

"Imagine it Tyrion for ten years you think you're one thing, you believe yourself to be a stain on your father, only to find out you're not and never have been."

Tyrion closed his eyes, he knew how that felt that was his life or at least it was until Jaime returned, everyday he'd not only felt a stain on his family, but been made to feel it his father had made that perfectly clear. Was that what Jon felt? If so he could imagine what it was like to suddenly have your world turned upside down.

"I understand that, but why didn't you tell me Jaime, did you not trust me?"

"There's no one I trust more brother. Once Jon was told he was my king Tyrion."

"So it was Jon's decision?"

"Aye, but not just his. Once he came to terms with it, he wished to speak to his uncle, he needed to know. We talked about it then, about telling you all."

"And decided not to." Tyrion said slightly bitterly.

"Yes. But not for the reasons you think brother. Jon wanted to tell you himself, but he wanted to know what it means, what being a Targaryen means, he needed to…to find a sense of himself Tyrion."

"So that's why you went North?"

"Aye."

"Not to raise the North to your cause?"

"What no. Tyrion there are things about Jon, strange things, gods I don't even know how to speak of them."

"What things?" he asked curiously.

"Do you know what a warg is? A greenseer? Dragon dreams you've heard of them right?"

"You're saying Jon has visions?"