AN APPLE FROM A DIFFERENT BRANCH

Not in Chronoligcal order.

Highgarden 296 AC.

Garlan.

He was happy, joyful even, standing with his two brothers, his father looking at him proudly as they welcomed Leonette's family to the keep. Leonette's parents, then her uncle Ser Jon Fossoway and his aunt Janna, and then Lady Jeyne and his uncle Ser Gunthor. He knew his father was miffed that the wedding wasn't bigger, he knew that he had wished the whole realm to come celebrate this day.

Garlan though was much happier with who had, though as he looked to his Margaery he found himself missing someone who had not. When Jon had arrived a few weeks ago he had seen how his sister's mood had improved greatly, later finding out from Willas the reason for it. He had chuckled at the thought of how his grandmother would have felt when she found out, married in front of a tree, given the pomp and circumstance of his own wedding that seemed like a good alternative to him.

Not that he would deny Leonette the wedding she deserved or wished for, she had made him far happier than he had ever thought he could be, it was up to him to do the same for her. Once everyone had made their introductions and he was told there would be no one else arriving for some time, Garlan did what he usually did to relax, he headed to the sparring yard with Loras keen to join him.

"A spar brother shouldn't you change?" Loras asked.

"By the seven Loras, it's bad enough I hear that from grandmother, you too?." he said with a laugh.

"I wouldn't want to mark your beautiful clothes, brother." Loras said with a grin, a grin he was so keen to knock off his face.

The spar was far easier than it should have been, whether it was Loras not wishing to mark his clothing or that Garlan himself was a little piqued at some of his previous spars, he couldn't tell. Loras though took the loss in good spirits and even brought him the mug of water to drink afterward.

"You were a demon out there brother." Loras said as they sat and drank.

"I had to be, you and your friends are far too good,." Garlan said.

"You sparred against Jon when he was here?" Loras asked.

"No." he said turning around to make sure no one was near them "Ser Arthur" he said a moment later a smile on his face as he thought of it.

A few weeks earlier.

Despite Jon spending his time with Margaery or Sansa, or even with his grandmother though he could understand that. Garlan hoped for a spar, he dearly wished to gain his revenge for the loss he suffered during the tourney. To say Jon had improved was an understatement, he had thought he had him at one point, only to then find himself yielding and looking up stunned at the sword that was pointed to his neck. That they had sparred far away from everyone had made him ask Jon why he'd not faced him in public.

"You know why Ser Garlan." Jon said formally as always.

"You don't wish them to know just how good you truly are?.".

"It's one thing winning tourneys against people my own age, should I beat someone of your renown people would speak. I don't wish them to speak too much, not yet." Jon said.