THE DRAGON PLANS

Riverrun 298 AC.

Cat.

She woke up to find she was not alone in her bed, looking beside her to see Petyr was asleep and finding herself shocked as she'd not remembered going to bed the night before. What she did remember was the overwhelming sense of relief she had felt when Petyr had arrived. How he'd made her feel as if the world wasn't completely against her, and that someone cared about her. Was that the reason why? Had that been enough to? She looked at herself and saw she was naked and looking to him she could see that so was he.

It was clear what they'd done and a part of her felt shame at the thought, not at the act itself, though there was some of that too. She was, he was, she never would have had she been thinking straight. Not unwed she wouldn't have though she had wished to marry him, so there was that at least. Some of her shame though was that she couldn't remember the act itself, not any of it at all, though very quickly a new thought hit her.

"Petyr, Petyr, wake up, wake up." she said shaking him awake.

"Cat?".

"Petyr, you can't, we can't, people can't see us like this." she said worriedly.

"Cat my love, we are to be wed, to be man and wife, there is nothing wrong with us being together, not now, not anymore. Nothing to stop us being together." he said as he kissed her.

She allowed the kiss, happy that he wished to marry her and that they would be together to face whatever was to come. It was then the thought came to her, so quickly and suddenly that she couldn't stop the panic that hit her. Cat pushing him away and not noticing the look of hurt and briefly the one of anger that appeared on Petyr's face.

"I can't, moon tea, I can't Petyr, I can't have a bastard, I won't." she said her worry so strong that she cared not that she was moving around the room naked.

"Cat, Cat my love, we're to be married, we can do so today, tomorrow, you have nothing to fear. Should we have a child together they'll be trueborn and we'll see they rise high Cat." he said as he climbed out of the bed and walked over to her, embracing her and she felt herself begin to relax.

"Truly Petyr? You wish to marry me today?" she asked needing to know it was to happen.

"I do, more than anything in this world Cat, I've loved you all my life, just you, my love, my sweet Cat." he said kissing her once more.

She welcomed this kiss, even more, enjoyed it even, she was to be married and with Petyr's help, she'd see the bastard and all those who had wronged her dead. They dressed quickly and when Petyr left to find out what he could about events in the Riverlands, Cat walked to the Sept. She found Septa Mordane there and told her the news, asking the woman to make the arrangements for the ceremony. Given the way, things were shaping up in the realm a large wedding was out of the question and she tried not to feel put out by that.

It seems she was destined never to have the wedding she deserved, war once again forcing it to be smaller and quicker than she would have wished. As a girl she had dreamed of her wedding day, the large feast they'd have, and the great and good of the realm coming to see her marry the man of her dreams. Tall, dark, handsome, and wild, Brandon was everything she deserved and just like with her wedding before, she was still being forced to settle for lesser.

"Tomorrow, my lady, are you certain?" Septa Mordane asked.

"It must be Septa, we don't have the luxury of planning things, soon we could be besieged or under attack and I'll be wed before then." she said and the woman nodded to her and ran off to speak to the Septon.