43 - Picture-Perfect Together

I sat on the couch with my feet on the coffee table, practicing CAD on my laptop. I heard the main door click open. I checked my watch it is still early for Jason to come home. But if it's him? Taking my laptop, I made a run towards the stairs.

"Hey, Where are you running?"

I slowly turned around and saw Caleb standing in the living room confused.

"Ohh Caleb, Hi" I sighed in relief. I sure looked crazy running in the living room with my laptop tucked under my arm.

"Is Jason home?"

"No"

"He told me he will be here. I will wait for him then," saying Caleb settled on the couch.

I went to the kitchen and brought him a can of juice and sat opposite him.

"Thanks but Amy I must say your PJs are cool."

I looked at myself, an oversized worn-out Hulk t-shirt which I stole from Ryan and polka dot pants.

"Shut up" I giggled.

"So you coming for the trip this weekend?"

"Well, I don't know Caleb. I mean I have to umm you know..."

"If you are giving some lame excuse then drop it. Me and Nyla we both will be very happy if you could come. And you don't have to worry about not knowing anyone. It's just us and a few of mine and Nyla's cousins. So just think about it."

"She won't come."

I snapped my head towards Jason standing with his arms crossed at his chest.

Uhh here comes the devil in all his glory shooting daggers at me.

"Who are you to say that?" I retorted back with anger rising in me.

"Yeah what right do you have Jason? You can't control her. She can make her own decisions." Caleb supported me.

"Oh, I know. Because mademoiselle is busy avoiding me for the past few days for god knows what reason." Jason sat on the couch beside Caleb.

"I'm not avoiding you," I growled back in anger.

"Saying it out loud doesn't make it true. We used to have breakfast and dinner together. Now you leave for university before me and go to bed by the time I come back home. Oh and not to forget you got this ''The one who knocks on my door is a poop face'' poster on your bedroom door and I'm the only one in this house apart from you!!" Jason said air quoting my poster quote.

I couldn't help but let out a giggle in response. That poster worked. And that seemed to annoy him a bit more.

"Did you seriously get such a poster?" Caleb asked throwing his head back and laughing out loud.

"I may have" I chuckled as my cheeks tainted pink.

''It's not funny." Jason huffed out removing the buttons of his inner vest coat.

"Okay shh." I signed Caleb to stop laughing.

"So why are you avoiding him? What did he do? I can break his nose for you." Caleb said winking at me.

"I'm not avoiding him." I stood up placing my hands on my hips.

Why can't they just accept it and move on! Oh, God! He is so annoying. Why can't he let me avoid him for a few days!!

"Don't say the same sentence like a broken record." Jason mocked.

"What to do if it's the truth?" I deadpanned.