19 - Chandni Chowk and Jalebi

I told Dia that I would like to go shopping and she suggested we could go to the Chandni Chowk market. It is one of the oldest and busiest markets in Delhi. Aunt Seema called Sameer to come and escort us.

I got ready in my floral print mustard-colored cold shoulder dress with bell sleeves and made a messy bun. The dress reached my thighs. I took my sunglasses, a mobile, hat, and wallet in my tote bag. I tossed a scarf in at the last minute. The weather in Delhi is strangely hot in the day and cold at the night.

Dia wore a simple white tunic top and olive-colored pants. She tied her hair in a high pony. Arjun didn't want to come because we have a lot of walking to do. Ryan came dressed in a red polo shirt and khaki shorts.

"Are you two coming dressed like this?" Asked Dia looking at me and Ryan back and forth with her mouth slightly open and raised eyebrows.

"Yeah, what's wrong with it?" Ryan asked checking our clothes.

We look fine.

Jason walked downstairs in his graphic tee and Jeans. He sat in the living room looking awkwardly around holding the remote in his hand.

"Are you not going? Grandpa asked Jason.

"No, I'm planning to stay at home and watch a football match. Can I watch?"

"I thought you would go. Chandni Chowk has a rush of people and these two girls are going alone. Well, Sameer is there but it will be better if you are also going with them." Grandpa told him.

"Let him be a grandpa. And we are big enough to handle ourselves and we have Ryan to protect us." I told grandpa giggling and then throwing a glare in Jason's way.

"Namaste Grandpa." saying entered a guy, a guy with hair gelled back, he looks medium height and a bit muscular.

"Hello, Sameer

"Hello, Sameer. How are you?"

"I'm good grandpa, Raj sir called me to come as a driver whenever you want. Where do you want to go, grandpa?"

"No not me, the kids are waiting for you. Take them to the Chandni chowk market, don't wait near the car  leaving them alone to shop, stay with them, and bring them back safely." Grandpa ordered him.

"Oh okay," he smiled. He looked over at me and Ryan. I felt his gaze on me a little longer than necessary. Maybe I'm over-imagining things.

"Okay bye grandpa. We will leave now." Said Dia waving her hand at grandpa.

"Kids be careful of your belongings. There will be many pickpockets."

"Don't worry grandpa. We will be fine." I told him and we walked out to the car. Grandpa is sure overreacting like how bad can it be. I'm sure it is somewhat like a flea market.

Ryan took the shotgun while I sat with Dia in the backseat. Just as Sameer started the engine, Jason came and opened the door, and gave me a pointed look as if to move.