82 - Divorce Him

"You both are going on a date?" Kristina beamed beside me.

"No" Jason scowled at me.

"What do you mean, No?" Kristina placed her hands on her hips glaring at Jason.

What should I say now? I just wanted to divert the topic and told Reeva and Mandy that I'm going on a date. I didn't assume those fat mouths will go blurt it out to him.

"I don't know with whom she is going out on a date," Jason replied.

"I am going on a date by myself."

Date by myself? Is that the best I could come up with.

"What nonsense," Kristina said appalled.

"What to do? No one asked me for a date. Shit, I never went on a proper date. So I thought why should I wait for someone." I gave the stink eye to Jason and continued, "I will go by myself. Now if you both excuse me, I have to get ready." Saying I walked away to my room.

"Amy wait," Jason shouted and I heard Kristina chuckling at us.

I went to the walk-in closet and looked at my side of the wardrobe. What am I supposed to wear to a date?

"I will take you." Jason shrugged his shoulders casually like he is helping me. Like this is some sort of charity for him.

"No thank you." I rolled my eyes at him. You gotta ask better than that mister.

"Come on, no drama now, get ready in 15. I will be waiting downstairs." He left the room closing the door behind him.

I scoffed looking at the empty room. As if I'm going to listen to him. I will go on a date by myself. Jason can go and do whatever the hell he wants.

I wore a black sequined bodycon dress, straightened my hair, and did my makeup, smokey eyes, and red lip.

I came downstairs. Jason was on the couch and was talking with Kristina. He turned around and stood rooted in his spot.

His eyes moved from my head to toe devouring me while I made my way down the stairs. His eyes came back to my head and he scrunched his nose looking at my hair.

Mission Accomplished.

"You are here. You should get going. Have a nice time." Kristina grinned at us.

"I will make sure I will have a good time," I told her smiling.

"Bye Jason, Bye Kristina." I waved at them.

"What did you do? You said you made it right." Kristina hissed at Jason.

A devilish smile tugged on the corner of my lips as I walked to the door.

"Amy, wait. I told you I will take you out. What is your problem? Don't you want to come with me?" He looked pissed.

"No, I want to but not because I told you to. I want you to want to take me out." I bit back in annoyance standing at the threshold.

He scratched his neck and looked at his feet under Kristina's cold glare. I turned on my heels and walked out of the house.

I got into my car in the garage and drove out of the house. I can do it. I can go and have some fun alone. There is so much that I could do alone for fun other than binge-watching on Netflix or reading a book.

But what?

Shall I go to a coffee shop and read something online?

A loud horn beside me pulled me out of my thoughts.