81 - Planning the unplanned

Monday morning, I came downstairs to have breakfast carrying my bag. Ryan left last night as he already missed so many classes. Peter and Kristina are still here. They are going to stay for a few more days.

I grabbed an apple from the fruit basket and made my way out of the dining hall. Kristina's voice stopped me in my tracks.

"Don't even think about it. Come back here."

I slouched my shoulders and went back to the table. Peter and Jason came out of the study and joined us.

They both looked serious. I hit Jason's leg with my foot under the table. He jerked from his thoughts and looked at me.

"What happened?" I mouthed to him.

"Zack" He muttered.

"Zack, what?" I whispered shocked.

"I told Dad." He sighed.

He did not! This fat mouth idiot! I deepened my scowl at Jason.

What will Peter think? I made him give a job to the enemy's son in the company. But Zack isn't a spy. Are they going to fire Zack? So many thoughts rushed through my brain.

"Amy" Peter called out.

"Uhh... Yes"

"I heard about your friend. That he is Hector's son. Are you sure he isn't on good terms with his father?"

"Umm... Yeah... I think so... I mean he said he never wants to talk to his father again."

"Blood can pull them together. Hector wouldn't leave Zack. He got no heirs other than Zack. So, Are you sure?" Peter asked stressing on his words.

I gave it a minute's thought and replied, "yes, I'm sure."

"Zack is Mr.Hector's son?" Kristina asked shocked.

"Yeah" I sighed.

"Zack wants to continue his part-time in Elite Constructions?" Peter asked me.

"I don't know. I will have to ask him."

"It's his choice," Peter replied sipping his coffee.

"You can't be serious. Oh my God! Thank you." I squealed.

"So what are we doing about Mr.Hector?" Jason asked his jaw clenched, his breakfast sat before him untouched.

"What about him?" I asked confused.

"If we leave him then he will try again to get Limelight Interiors or hurt Amy. I don't want to take any chance. I think we have to take over his business."

"Why would you even think about it?" I frowned at him.

Jason ignored me and asked Peter. "Dad, what do you think about it? Two can play the game. We can ask his shareholders to sell us the shares or we can silently buy enough stock in the open market. This way we can have a say in the management."

Peter leaned forward and clasped his hands. His brows furrowed in thought.

My face paled and my breathing hitched in my throat. Peter isn't really thinking about this, right? I don't like Mr.Hector but still, he is Zack's father. What will Zack think about this?

"Hearing whatever Hector planned, I don't think he will sit calm. But, this isn't our decision to make Jason. I am just managing Limelight Interiors till Amy finishes her education." Peter said gravely and looked at me.

Are they asking me permission to go ahead? Peter never asked me anything related to business till now!

I gulped looking down, all eyes on me looking at me intently, waiting for me to say something.