91 - Heartless Idiot

Once we are in the elevator. His palm left mine and the next second he engulfed me in a tight hug. He hid his face in my hair inhaling the scent.

I wrapped my hands around his neck. I want to erase everything that happened in the last few hours, I want to ease his mind. My one hand slipped down from his neck to his back rubbing it up and down.

I missed him so much, the teasing, the banter, this togetherness, heck I even missed the fights.

He broke the hug and cupped my face and breathed on my lips, "thank..."

I decreased the gap between our lips and didn't let him finish his words, his arms around me tightened. I closed my eyes basking in the moment. My whole body tingled as he claimed my lips, hungry and intense, sucking and nibbling on them.

Thousands of butterflies danced in my stomach. My knees gave in, he literally swept my feet off the ground.

His musky scent clouded my senses, I had no idea how long we were kissing, or where we are kissing. At that moment, all that mattered was we are together.

His tongue brushed my lips asking for entrance and I gladly obliged and as he deepened the kiss and the flutter only intensified. My heart pounded in my chest crazily.

His fingers moved from my hair to my cheekbones then danced around to my nape, making my hair stand with his feather-like touch. These fingers are going to kill me someday.

A loud clearing of the throat pulled us apart, we were both gasping for air and I looked sideways to only see nearly ten employees gawking at us with their mouths open on the other side of the open elevator doors on the ground floor.

I felt giddy all of a sudden and shied away hiding my face in Jason's chest. My breathing was fast and irregular. The oblivious idiot dipped his head for another kiss with a big goofy smile on his face.

"Jason, there are people out here. We are in the elevator." I mumbled shyly. I can't dare to show them my face. Thank God, the elevator doors closed soon and I took a breath.

"Home?" He asked.

"Home" I smiled.

****

Once we were in the car, Jason turned back to his lava form, "why did you go alone to meet Jessica? What if she tried to hurt you." He glared at me.

"But she didn't, at most, she pulled a few hairs, and don't worry I'm not going bald anytime soon."

"Do you think it's a joke? She is the one who locked you in the pantry that night and I was like a fool kept seeing her."

"It's okay, it's in the past. It doesn't matter now" I shrugged my shoulders.

Jason stopped the car on the side, "it matters to me. She tried to kill you just because she is jealous, because of me... Because I never gave her the attention that she wanted. Do you know how many sleepless nights I have spent thinking who did that? It never occurred to me that she did it. I am so sorry, Kitty" His angry voice choked at the end.

"I am fine now. It's good that she confessed it and we got it on the tape. Anyway you should see her face right now, the image of claw marks on her face is just priceless"

"I'm sure you are capable of that" he laughed and started the car again.

"Jessica will reap what she sowed, I will look after that," Jason mumbled lost in his thoughts in determination.

Once we reached home, Mandy and Reeva hugged me tight, "Gosh, are you okay?"

"I am good."

"And you Mister think before helping every damsel in distress." Reeva glared at Jason.