88 - Comforting him

Just when my car is swerving into the driveway, Jason's car was getting out. Seeing me return he got down from his car and came over.

"Are you okay? Did you get hurt? Nyla and Tracy called me. Why didn't you call me or the cops when you spotted him?" He asked as soon as he got in.

"I am fine. He is changed, Jason. I don't think he is ever going to come back. I think we lost him forever." I cried in his arms.

"It's okay. You are fine that's what matters now." He said brushing my hair, calming me.

"You are getting a bodyguard, Amy. I don't want any other discussion on this matter. It's decided." He ordered once we entered the living room.

This time I don't have any objection to it. I don't know what lengths Zack would go the next time. And his driver! That guy, Ned had a fucking knife at my throat.

Is he going to kidnap me earlier? Or kill me?

That thought itself made my heart jump out of my throat.

"How did the shopping go?"

I looked at Jason like got 2 heads. He knows that 30 minutes back I had a freak hold a knife to my throat and he wants to know how the shopping went?

"You are insane." I let out frustrated.

"What did I do? I was just trying to divert your mind from it. This wouldn't have happened if you listened to me earlier about getting a bodyguard."

"Yeah, you don't have to point it out to me. I realized it the moment I had a freaking knife to my throat." I yelled back.

"It wouldn't have happened if you have listened to me. But, no, you won't listen to anything that I say. You want to do just what you want to do."

"Just stop it, okay" I shouted back. "At this moment I want you to just hold me and calm me but all you do is fight with me. I can't do this right now." Saying I ran upstairs with angry tears streaming down my eyes and banged my door shut.

*****

In the evening I came back downstairs. I saw Jason working from his study, he didn't go back to the office? He didn't notice me standing at the door. Sighing I turned back to walk to the dining when his words stopped me.

"I'm Sorry"

I turned back and he was before me. His eyes gazing softly at me. "I was worried about you. I felt like someone ripped my heart out when I heard what happened. I shouldn't have shouted at you. I was scared." He said with a thin layer of moisture in his eyes. His voice quivered when he spoke.

I wrapped my hands around his neck and pulled him for a tight hug, comforting him. All this while, I was scared of what happened to me but I didn't think what he must have gone through after learning about it.

I remembered the time he was in hospital after his accident. Seeing him fight for his life I felt as if my life slip away from him, like my heart was struggling to beat. How did I forget this? How bad he must have been shaken up?

"I am fine now" I mumbled slowly as Jason's hands around me tightened almost crushing my bones.

"You okay with the bodyguard? I have to leave for London in two days. Please, kitty, I can't do this against your will. Please agree to it." He mumbled in my hair.

"Okay," I sighed because this time I agree with him.

******

Jason spoke to the university authorities himself. The bodyguard will wait for me just outside the class and follow me around. He was given a room in the servant's quarters along with the security.