10 - Someone is choking me

It's Monday and I skipped school because Uncle Raj is leaving for India. He has a flight at night. So I thought I would send some gifts to everyone with him. I asked Kristina if she could accompany me to the shopping mall and she agreed happily.

I knocked at Uncle Raj's door. I want to tell him before I step out for shopping.

"Yes," he replied.

"I'm going out for a few hours with Kristina. I will make sure to come back as soon as possible."

"It's okay, I have to take this business call anyway."

"Then I will come back before you know it."

I waved him bye and left with Kristina in a car. The psychiatrist made me overcome my fear of traveling in a car. I can sit in a car if it's a trusted driver. So Kristina drove the car herself without the driver.

I felt really good, coming out shopping with Kristina, and the fact that I'm purchasing everything for mama's family made my heart swell with happiness.

I bought a mustard yellow handmade crochet shawl for grandma, a smoking pipe for grandpa. A brown-colored Calvin Klein tote handbag for Aunt Seema. A rose gold watch for Dia and video games for Arjun. Fossil leather wallet for Uncle Raj. I'm very happy with the purchase. Kristina offered to pay but I didn't let her and used Mama's card because that would make her soul happy.

After finishing the shopping, we saw that the escalator is under repair and the staff who are working there requested us to use a nearby elevator.

I stepped into the elevator with Kristina. There is also another couple in their 30's there. Once the elevator door closed, my anxiety levels rose.

I started sweating profusely, my heart rate began to speed up, and so did my breathing. I felt dizzy and had an urge to vomit. I felt lightheaded all of a sudden.

I clutched my head between my hands. I felt as if the elevator walls are closing on me...someone choking me so hard that I can't breathe.

"What happened Amy? Are you okay?" Kristina asked with a concerned voice.

"I...I ca.. can't b b breathe." I told her.
She immediately pressed the button to stop the elevator on the next floor. The couple next to us, helped her to get me out. She took me to the ice cream shop near the elevator with a few tables and made me sit on one of the chairs.

I'm gasping out for air.. with sweat flowing down my face. The man went and brought a bottle of water. Kristina made me drink the water. And the lady with us held my shoulders for giving me support. Kristina asked me to take deep breaths.

Kristina thanked the couple for helping us. I'm trying to inhale more air and my body is still shaking. Kristina went a few feet away from me and made a call. I could feel my whole body shivering.

After a while, I felt normal again. I turned to see Kristina's concerned face for me, there is sweat forming on her forehead.

"You scared me, Amy. How are you feeling now? And what happened suddenly?" She bombarded me with questions.

"I'm feeling fine now. Don't worry Kristina. And I don't know what happened, I felt like the walls of the elevator are closing around me and I'm not able to breathe. My heart turned so heavy."

She mopped away the perspiration with the back of her hand in relief.

"But still let's go to the hospital and speak with your doctor. Just to be on the safe side."

"No, I'm completely fine now, there is no need to go to the hospital now."

My breathing is back to normal and my body is not shivering and I have my uncle waiting for me. I even have to wrap the gifts before giving him.

He Stole My Heart ✅ जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें