65 - Your body will float in this beach

It's weird how we both tried sleeping on our ends of the bed last night but ended up in the middle together. I wriggled out of his hold to get ready for the day's activities. Is this our new normal?

The tension and awkwardness decreased a bit compared to the previous night but were still there. We spent the whole day sightseeing walking through buildings with the rich architecture and spice markets. And making pit stops to have some food in our system.

We didn't do our mindless rambling but at the same time didn't stay silent. It's like how two acquaintances spend time together, not too comfortable to talk anything but not awkward either.

One particular evening, we went on a Dhow boat cruise just to witness the beautiful sunset in the Indian ocean. Sailing on a traditional dhow along the coastline of Zanzibar. Snacks, beer, and soft drinks were served by the staff.

Soft music played in the background as the dhow glided deep into the sea by an engine. Once we are a few km into the sea, the engine is shut down and the sail is set up.

I sat back relaxed enjoying the peacefulness of the ocean

I sat back relaxed enjoying the peacefulness of the ocean. The calming sound of ripples of water on the sides of the dhow as it floated through the clear turquoise water. My hair dancing in tune with the wind.

My breath was taken away by the fiery golden sun setting beyond the horizon as it smears the sky a beautiful canvas of shades of pinks, purples, blues, and orange.

I glanced at Jason to see him busy on his laptop, making changes to the document Charlie, his assistant has sent him.

Now how do I know that? Because he is always on phone taking his office calls for the past 2days.

"Do you have to work now? Look at the beauty around you." I was irritated with him being so withdrawn and busy at work. He is just accompanying me for the past 2days but gets into his phone or laptop at every chance he gets.

"This is important" he mumbled not taking his eyes off the laptop.

"For the last time Jason, if your work is so important then we could head back. There is no need to continue with this trip."

I'm sure our private jet is waiting around somewhere here to take us back.

"We have only 2more days left." He said eyeing me. "And then we can go back. I can't deal with questions regarding why we came back earlier than planned."

Why is he acting so indifferent? We are never best of friends but these past few months living together and especially this past one week we have come close.

He is acting a bit withdrawn since that night. How am I to know when he is teasing me and when he is about to kiss me? This isn't my fault. If it's anyone's fault then it's his for teasing me, making my emotions go all over the place.

The sound made by the dhow engine pulled me out of my thoughts. Did we already finish the 2hour dhow cruise? The staff gave a sad smile our way while we thanked them.