86 - Zack Confessed

"How are you feeling?" Zack stood up from his seat when he saw me nearing our seats before the class.

"I'm good," I told him taking my seat beside him.

"Why did you skip the classes the last few days. Are you unwell?" He placed his palm on my forehead.

I moved back and smiled at him. "No, I'm good. Just caught up with some personal stuff."

"You mean Jason. Why do you miss college for a few days and then come back looking worse than the last time?" He asked frustrated.

If I learned something from the last time then it is that I shouldn't discuss my love life with Zack.

"No, just forget it. What did I miss? Did Mr.Caldwell start the new topic?

"Ask him." Zack coldly pointed to Kevin who is a mute spectator to our exchange all along and turned away.

"Take my notes." Kevin passed his notes to me.

I thanked him and to my rescue Mandy, Reeva and the professor came soon. But I noticed how stiff Zack was beside me through the whole lecture. His knee bobbed up and down in anxiety.

"Let's go to a restaurant for lunch," Zack asked me standing up once the professor left.

"Don't you have to rush to the office?" I cocked my eyebrow at him.

"I quit my job today. It's my treat today." He said grimly.

"You quit? Zack what about your tuition fee? Did you get another good part-time?" Mandy asked him worried.

"I have everything planned. So lunch?" He again turned to me and asked.

"No Zacky, We have some catching up to do with Amy. So some other time." Reeva said waving him off and pulled me towards the door.

"Bro, I will come with you." Kevin chuckled and placed his hand on Zack's shoulder.

I turned back smiling at Kevin but saw Zack jerking Kevin's hand off his shoulder.

****

"So you aren't pregnant?" Reeva asked her eyes turning to the size of saucers. We sat at a bench under the university grounds.

"Nope," I said popping the p.

"Then why did you get sick? Nauseous?" Mandy asked.

"Maybe anxiety stress. I mean Jason turned his back on me and flew to London. It happened in the past too." I shrugged my shoulders.

"I still can't believe he came back on the next flight. I mean I told him I would kick his balls if he ran away after getting you pregnant." Reeva giggled.

"You told him I was pregnant?" I asked, dumbfound. I knew he went on a business trip and the fact that he chose me is making my heart flutter crazily. Even when he knew I'm not pregnant.

"Gosh, stop that look. You look like a lovesick puppy." Reeva pushed my shoulder laughing.

"Anyway did you find anything unusual with Zack? I mean he is acting differently. Like there is something off but I can't understand what it is. Is it just me or did you feel that too?" I asked the girls.

"Yeah, him quitting his job is out of the blue and what is he treating us for lunch when he is broke." Mandy's eyebrows knotted in confusion.

"Talking about me?" Zack's voice greeting us from the back.

"Hey Zacky, where is Kevin," Reeva asked turning around and seeing behind us while Zack walked to the front.

"I don't know," Zack replied coldly.