58 - I love you?

I sat in a rustic stone barn with pitched ceilings and rustic old beams, in the middle of a 20acre vineyard which overlooks hundreds of olive trees and grapevines. This location is a dream come true for every bride but this aesthetic view is still not helping me relax.

I looked at myself in the vintage full-length mirror, I looked good except for the sweat beads on my forehead, a lace embellished organza tulle ball gown, and my goddamn legs shaking underneath it. My three bridesmaids turning crazier by the second completely panicking.

I didn't get to see Jason much after coming back from the beach house because a spa treatment was booked for me and then the guests arrived from India and even Jason's close-knit family arrived, then it was all chaos with around 60people in the house

"I still can't understand why he has to get married like this forcefully? You are spoiling his life, Peter." Aunt Jo grumbled at the dinner, making my appetite drop. She kept sending scowls my way all through the dinner.

What about my life? I'm getting married to my bully!

"You sure about this?" Sophie asked me pulling me out of my thoughts.

I looked at her confused, "I got my car, if you want we could leave right now." She dangled her mother's car keys in front of me.

"Sophie" Dia and Leslie shrieked in horror along with me.

"Sophie McCoy!! Don't you dare!!" Ryan shouted standing at the huge wooden doors.

He came towards us in long strides glaring at Sophie."You think you will alive after helping her run off from the wedding? If you forgot let me remind you the groom is Jason."

Sophie raised her hands in surrender and backed away.

"You fine?" He asked me turning towards me. "Look at this, I'm in cold sweats." I showed him my visibly cold, sweaty, and trembling hands, Ryan gently grabbed my hands in his and gave a little squeeze.

"I got what you need." Ryan pulled out a vodka bottle from his suit.

"Geez Ryan, you had to cover your bruise with makeup and you still got alcohol for her??" Leslie asked shocked.

"Jason is going to kill you if he finds his bride drunk." Sophie reminded him.

"Yeah but better than waiting at the altar with a runaway bride." He shot a mean look Sophie's way.

"Stop it you guys, no Sophie I'm not running away. And Ryan as always... You know what I need." I gave him a quick hug and snatched the bottle from his hands, unclasped the cork, and took three big gulps. The liquid burned in my throat.

"Woah that's enough. I'm the best man and I need to see that the wedding is done smoothly, we don't want a drunk bride." Ryan yanked the bottle from my hands.

"He asked you to be his best man just last night, which might be because he is a bit guilty for hitting you on your face. Stop acting so high and mighty." Dia giggled at him.