59 - I was so Jealous

"What did Jessica want to talk about?" I asked Jason. We are now seated at the main table after lunch sipping the century-old wine.

"Why do you ask?" He raised one eyebrow.

"Just" I averted my gaze from him to my wine glass swirling it.

"Are you jealous?" He smirked at me.

"I better stab myself to death with this fork." I scoffed at him showing the fork I had my cake with.

His smooth laughter filled my ears. "She is asking for a job." He shrugged his shoulders.

Ohh!

"Can I have everyone's attention? Yeah and the newlyweds too... Stop flirting you two got a lifetime for that now" Ryan raised in his seat and is clinking his glass with a fork.

"What are you doing? Sit down" I hissed at him.

"No, I don't want to lose this opportunity to embarrass my best friend and my brother." He chuckled loudly.

I sank in my seat placing hands on either side of my face hiding from people, knowing this isn't good. "Stop overreacting, this isn't bad." Jason chuckled next to me.

"Then you clearly don't know your brother. But, I know my best friend.'' I warned him.

"Hello everyone" Ryan tapped the mike twice to check if it's working properly and then continued, "I am Ryan Brown for those who don't know me, I am Jason's younger brother and Amelia's best friend. Mom, after this, if I'm found dead I want to be buried somewhere high so I can get a nice view."

People erupted in laughter around us encouraging my shitty friend to continue his speech. "So where do we start? Jason always had this weird pull towards Amy. Like ever since we were little kids. He can't stay away from her, but if he is near all he does is make her cry. I can't even remember how many times we had to rush Amy to the hospital emergency because his pranks blew up."

"I don't like where this is heading," I mumbled to Jason.

"I definitely love it, reminiscing all the old times," Jason smirked back.

"So I'm here to share a few stories with you all, this one time, Amy is sitting by herself and making a friendship bracelet for me and Sophie with beads, so Jason challenged her that she can't stuff more beads than him in her nose. Tada... half an hour later she was rushed to the hospital. 5year old stuffed 8beads in her nose. Just look at her button nose! How could she? And Jason not even one he just joked with her about a challenge and sat sipping his juice while my idiot friend stuffed beads up her nose."

People broke out in a burst of unrestrained laughter all around us.

"Amy even went door to door selling her handmade bracelets later so that she could earn money and buy a Bible for Jason in a hope that he would get a change of heart because he is pure evil and Devil Reincarnation according to her, and" Ryan stopped talking giving a dramatic pause and continued "she still thinks the same."

I looked at Kristina laughing heartily and wiping the tears from the corner of her eyes.

"Don't think it's all in childhood, Just a month back she called me complaining how he pushed her into the freezing pool in the middle of a night. When I got the news about this wedding I wondered how are they going to spend their life without killing each other?" Ryan acted all shocked.

"But then again they care for each other, just yesterday I was hit by my good brother because I left his drunk fiance unattended at a party. I had to cake up my face in layers of concealer to hide the bruise. I didn't hit him back because I don't want the groom to look ugly with a bruise but Jason.." Ryan took a gap and turned his attention to Jason and his eyes narrowed, "If you ever hurt her then consider yourself dead." Then Ryan points his fingers to his eyes and then at Jason saying he is watching.