Chapter 10: Indra Vizha Part 3

OMG we are in chapter 10 already !!!! I can't believe this !!!!!!!

..........................

The Princess of Nangur watched the wrestling match with bated breath. The final round was going on. She watched on from her vantage point in the humongous circular arena filled with a huge excited audience. The wrestler from Urayur was having the Nangur wrestler in a firm headlock. Clad in just a small piece of cloth, their sweaty, oiled body showed off their rippling muscles. She felt her heart pounding against her ribcage. Nangur needs to win. Strike that. Nangur had to win.

As if her prayers were answered, the Nangur wrestler wrung free and elbowed him hard

As if her prayers were answered, the Nangur wrestler wrung free and elbowed him hard. The Princess allowed herself a small smile. Both the wrestlers parted and circled each other, eyes assessing.

Suddenly the bulky Nangur wrestler rushed forward, intent to get the first move. The Urayur wrester, relatively lithe, seemed to have been anticipating the move. He neatly bent down and caught his opponent's thigh in a fierce grip and with a cry lifted him and threw him over his head. The Nangur wrestler fell with a deafening thud.

Outside the ring.

The Princess threw back her head, wanting to pull out her hair and scream. Silence enshrouded the arena. Piercing through the stillness, she heard a voice beside her croon, "YESSSSS!!!" The arena instantly erupted with yells and cheers.

She scowled and turned to face the offender, glaring. He was a young boy, a good couple of inches shorter than her. With glossy, curly hair framing his face and twinkling eyes, he looked extremely handsome. The Princess was shocked to have such thoughts. What am I thinking?

Right at that instant, the boy turned to look at her. One look at her face and he grinned. Dear God, did he have a lone dimple?

"Sore loser?"

It took a moment for his words to sink in. She scowled again. "Whatever do you mean?"

He grinned wider, making it harder for her to concentrate. Her eyes kept wanting to drift to that dimple. What was happening to her?

Without any warning, he hit her on the shoulder. "Ow!!", she winced, glaring ferociously. "What was that for? And you have the audacity to call me a sore loser?"

He shook his head vigorously and pointed at her shoulder. Lying there, dead, was a huge spider. 

Oh.

Should she thank him?

The boy grinned once again. "I never got an answer to my question."

No, she shouldn't. She shrugged airily. "It's just a sport. Besides, the Urayur wrestler only won because luck was on his side." 

The boy gave her an incredulous look. "Luck? luck? Did you just call that sheer display of skill luck?"