Meet The Family.

(2nd Edit)

𝐉𝐚𝐬𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐞

I laid awake in bed, staring up at the ceiling with the morning sun streaming down on my face. Initially I couldn't recall how I got here since I indistinctly remember falling asleep on the swing in the sunroom. It was only when I thought really hard did I remember being physically carried to my room.

By whom? I had no clue.

Now it was eight fifteen and if I were back in my apartment, I'd be all dressed and sitting having breakfast to go to college. After my classes I'll leave directly for work and stay till six. Now at home I'd do my homework, have dinner, shower and go to bed.

Ths would be my daily routine from Monday to Friday. The weekends would be reserved for relaxation, for me to unwind from my long, exhausting week of school and work. Excluding the stress at school and the walking pain known as Mrs Ross, my life was relatively normal.

Now I was stuck in this mansion, awaiting the fate brought to me by Valentino Guerrero—an Italian crime boss. Climbing out of bed I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face. When I emerged, I saw a note sitting on my dresser. My brows furrowed with confusion, I picked it up and read it aloud.

I ordered clothes for you, your closet is fully stocked as well as your bathroom with everything you need. Cosmetics, accessories, ect...  Shower, change and come downstairs.  Breakfast is to be served at nine o'clock.
Valentino.

How nice of him to stock up my bathroom and closet for me.

Wait what?!

I dropped the note and rushed to the bathroom, only to see a variety of soaps, hair products, towels, a robe and other lady products. Remembering what he had said about stocking up my closet, I went there next and saw clothes, clothes and more clothes.

Shirts, skirts, shorts, dresses, shoes, jeans, leggings and jackets. In the drawers were lingerie, panty hoses, socks and stockings. And one drawer was dedicated to toiletries. Happy that I now had clothes to change into, I went back to the bathroom and took a quick shower, using the brand new products I was given.

Remembering what Riley had said about meeting other members of the family, I made sure to dress appropriately: dark skinny jeans, a peach chiffon blouse and a pair of wedged sandals. Wanting to make a good first impression I applied a bit of makeup; mascara, eyeliner and lipgloss, making sure not to apply too much or too little. After combing my hair, I spritzed perfume on my blouse and took a minute to survey my appearance.

Satisfied that there were no visible flaws, I left the room after tidying the bed. Unfortunately Valentino didn't say where breakfast was being served, and I couldn't remember the way, so I texted Sadie and asked if she could meet me outside my room so we could go together. She answered within three minutes.

*I'm just putting on my shoes, be there in two min 🙂

*Okay great. I'll be waiting. 😊

Relieved I wouldn't be wandering the mansion alone with the fear of getting lost, I leaned against my door to wait for Sadie. True to her word she came in two minutes exact and greeted me with a hug. "Good morning Jasmine, you're looking pretty this morning."

I smiled my thanks and surveyed her outfit: a purple knee-high skirt, a black jacket over a white halter top and knee high boots.
"You're looking gorgeous Sadie, I love those boots. They're so you,"

"Thanks Jas. And just so you know, no one around here calls me Sadie, it's Sabrina okay?" she reminded me.
"It may take some time for me to get used to calling you Sabrina, but I'll most definitely try," I said.
"Wonderful. It's almost time for breakfast and Valentino's big on punctuality." Sadie took my arm and we walked down the hall.