Compatible As The Sun And Moon.

(Edited)

𝐕𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐨

Ferrara Bakery & Cafè was internationally known for its unique breakfast and pastry menus and exquisite decor. There were branches in New York, California, Italy, Vegas, London and many other countries. They dated back to eighteen ninety two when Ferrara Bakery & Cafè first opened its doors in New York.

The bakery was located on 195 Grand Street and has been a favourite breakfast spot of our family for years. We took a seat at one of the tables and Jasmine looked around, admiring the decor of the bakery with delight.

"What would you like for breakfast?" I asked picking up a menu and scanning the variety of different pastries.
"You order for us, I'm good with anything," she said sweetly.
I nodded and waved for a waiter.

"Good morning Mr Guerrero, how may I be of service to you this morning," he asked politely.
"I'd like to order the Italian Eggs Benedict with Pesto Hollandaise, a plate of Glazed Cinnamon Scones and two cups of Café Au Lait please," I requested.
"Of course Sir, I'll be right back with your order."

While we waited for our breakfast we talked about our favourite foods for breakfast, lunch, dinner and desert. I learned that Jasmine had a love for chocolate, it being her favourite flavour for cake, ice cream, cupcakes and any other deserts.

She loved Mexican, Japanese, Korean and Indian cuisine and would spend time cooking with her mother in Colombia. She could make just about any type of food and admitted to hiding Marshmallow Rice Krispies under her bed for those nights when she needed a snack.

I loved learning things about Jasmine and her childhood, it made me proud to know I was marrying such a talented, beautiful and sweet young woman. She was selfless, kind, compassionate and so innocent. I hoped to God that when I married her, she would stay that way.

Although it was highly unlikely for that to be true.

"Well heck. Sadie wasn't lying when she said Italians don't eat a lot for breakfast."

I was so busy thinking about Jasmine I failed to realize our breakfast had arrived. I thanked the waiter and picked up a fork and motioned for Jasmine to do the same. "We Italians prefer to eat as little for breakfast as possible, to save room for lunch. Although we do order a large breakfast from time to time and simple dine on a late lunch."

"When I lived in Colombia my Abuelo always encouraged us to eat big breakfasts," she smiled. " 'El desayuno es la comida más importante del día', he used to say."
(Breakfast is the most important meal of the day)

She paused to take a forkful of her egg benedict, chewed then swallowed before she spoke again. "That's where I discovered my love for cooking...and eating."
"You're so adorable," I said with a chuckle as I stroked her cheek with my finger. She blushed and picked up her scone to take a bite, moaning softly as she relished the taste.

While we ate, there were times we would stare at each other, our eyes not breaking contact. In the sunlight Jasmine's baby blues resembled two sapphires, a sight I found to be most enticing. I watched her sip her coffee and as she did, she'd peek at me over the rim of her cup.

It didn't take long for the food to disappear as she ate every last piece. Her cheeks were pink and her mouth had a piece of egg stuck to it. Taking a napkin I wiped it off and she smiled her thanks.

"Did you enjoy breakfast, love?" I asked after I had paid the waiter.
"It was wonderful, thank you," she said looking intently at me.
I smiled we rose off our chairs and left the cafè hand in hand.