Till Death Do Us Part.

(Edited)

𝐑𝐞𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐜𝐚

I laid awake in bed the next morning, staring up at the ceiling with a piece of paper in my hand. Written on it were the special words I've been waiting years to see. Today was the day my little girl was going to begin her new life. She would step into that church as Jasmine Petrova and leave as Jasmine Guerrero.

Ever since she was little I've dreamt of the day my Jasmine would get married, to watch her give her heart, her hand, her trust and her love to the man of her dreams, and have him whisk her away to start her new life. I had an idea of how it would all go down and smiled at the picture that came to mind.

She'd walk down the aisle in her wedding dress, stand at the altar with Valentino and say her vows, slip the ring on his finger and seal their marriage with a kiss. They'd leave for the reception, dance to a romantic song, socialize with the crowd and receive congratulations, hugs and kisses from all they met.

Leaving for their honeymoon as husband and wife, they will spend quality time with each other, having fun and making love. I made Jasmine promise to preserve her chasity for her husband, knowing that he will cherish her, keep her, love her and respect her for who she is rather than what she is.

And I couldn't be happier with the knowledge that that man was Valentino. He'd protect her, he'd cherish her and in time, he'll learn to love her too. And she'll learn to love him. They were a perfect couple, a match made in heaven as they say.

"They're getting married today," I sighed.

𝐗𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐫

I was stretching my muscles to warm up before I began my five mile run which I did every morning for the past few months. The sun was peeking over the horizon, casting its warm rays onto the front lawn of the condo where I stayed with my parents. Just as I was about to start, I heard the front door open.

I looked up and saw Mom standing there in jeans and a T-shirt, in her hand was a list and her purse. "Xavier would you mind dropping me to the store? I have some errands to run."
"Errands? For what Mom?" I questioned.

She raised her eyebrows and a frown appeared on her face.
"Do you remember the date today Xavier?"
I pondered for a second then shook my head, nothing coming to mind. Then I stole a glance at my phone and saw the date. "It's Sunday the fifth of May."
"Yes it is. Anything else?"

I was genuinely confused, not having a clue as to what Mom was implying. Then I looked at the date again, my brain processing that ever so crucial detail that my eyes ironically couldn't see. My heart leapt as the realization finally dawned on me. I looked up at Mom and we shared a knowing smile.

"They're getting married today," I chuckled.

𝐀𝐧𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐚

I sat at the table with my bowl of oatmeal, listlessly staring into space. I didn't have the strength to lift the spoon to my lips, much less chew the food. The mansion was empty, with the exception of the guards, the staff and Father. There was this depressing silence that surrounded me; mocking me, hampering with my thoughts and suffocating me.

I was alone this morning. Kazimir left for work an hour ago, Father was in his room with his mistress, Andrès was with friends and Mother went shopping for some things for this evening's event. I knew what the event was. And I wasn't very happy about it.

I would be forced to sit in that church and pretend to be joyful about the occasion where my sister would be married to the man I was to make my husband. The thought filled me with anger and resentment. But then again what didn't in this miserable life?