Can't Catch A Break Can We?

(Edited)

𝐉𝐚𝐬𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐞

"Whoooo! Bitch yes! Road trip!" I screamed out of ecstasy as the finale for Bon Jovi Livin On A Prayer blasted on the speakers of Damen's Lexus LC. Damen was driving, Sadie was in the front and I was in the back.

"We've gotta hold on ready or not
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got

Whoa, we're half-way there
Whoa, livin' on a prayer
Take my hand and we'll make it, I swear
Whoa, livin' on a prayer

Whoa, we're half-way there
Whoa, livin' on a prayer
Take my hand and we'll make it, I swear
Whoa, livin' on a prayer!"

"Songs like these are the fine wine in the music world," I said when the song began to fade and the car descended into silence.
"Yeah I'm kinda partial to these songs myself, whenever I'm alone I put these babies on full blast," Damen said, referring to his expensive iXoost ESAVOX speakers.

I laughed when I saw Sadie roll her eyes out of Damen's sight.
"He calls the speakers his babies. What the fuck am I?"
"Is that jealousy I hear love? So not becoming of you," he smirked. 
"She's not jealous, she's possessive," I snickered.

"Shut up Jasmine!" Sadie said in a threatening voice.

"Okay ladies that's enough cat fighting, time to get the diamond. Babe do you have your gold chain?" Damen asked as he pulled into the parking lot across from where Tom had his business.

"Yeah it's here. Let's go," Sadie said taking out her gold chain and exiting the car. "I also want to buy a tennis bracelet if that's okay. I have this gorgeous silver dress in my closet that will look great with a tennis bracelet."

"Sure baby, I'll get it for you after we pick up Dario's diamond. I don't want to be around here too long, there's always a chance someone will see us and try to engage in a gunfight," Damen said as he slipped on his sunglasses and walked towards the store with me and Sadie walking beside him.

I had my Desert Eagle tucked in the waistband of my jeans as well as four of my knives that Valentino insisted I carry for extra security. Damen and Sabrina had their own guns and knives tucked in their clothes.

"Welcome Mr and Mrs Guerrero, it's a pleasure to see you again," a short stocky man with a French accent said as he moved from behind the counter and shook Damen and Sadie's hands.

"Nice to see you too Tom, we're here to pick up Dario's diamond ring for Annalise," Damen said in a professional voice.

"Yes of course I have it right here and- oh who's this little lady?" Tom asked, noticing me for the first time.

"This is Jasmine, she's a new recruit," Sadie introduced me.
"Hello, it's nice to meet you Mr Miller," I said cordially.

"Please it's Tom, everyone calls me Tom,," he chuckled.
"Well in that case, it's nice to meet you Tom," I said laughingly.

"So Tom, where's the diamond?" Damen asked again.
"Right this way Mr Guerrero," Tom said as he went back behind the counter and produced a red and black velvet box. He opened it and showed it to us. "Just as Mr Dario ordered."