Baby You're Such A Tease.

(Edited)

𝐉𝐚𝐬𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐞

After our unpleasant encounter with Jessie and her friends,  Morgan and I continued on our way to our next class. Thankfully Ms Johnson didn't call me out like Ms Mackleroy and the class passed quickly and uneventfully.

Internet Technology was nice and all but it was a little stressful. Memorizing the software, data plans and all that stuff was hard. I don't know what compelled me to take up that course. I guess I could make a switch in my sophomore year, replace it with another course. Maybe Accounting? Yes.

That way I could help in managing the accounts and transactions. I mean I was a very organized person. If I took an Accounting class I can at least make use of my skills. Besides Dean was the hacker in the family, we didn't need another one.

"Now on to English Literature. We're reading Le Morte d'Arthur. Do you know how hard it was for me to read that book? It's so boring and outdated," Morgan groaned as we took our seats in the fourth row in classroom A-5.

"I'm gonna pretend I didn't hear that," I said glaring at her.
"Why though?- Ohh never mind...I forgot who I'm talking to. You practically live in medieval times. Dusty old books and scrolls are like teddy bears for you," Morgan snorted.

"I like it okay? I read these books and feel like I'm being carried off into a different time. It's almost... magical," I sighed.
"You should've been a librarian then," she muttered.
I laughed and elbowed her playfully.

Morgan found no interest in books and leisure reading. She was more of a party girl who liked to sneak away from home and go to the movies with friends on a school night. She was only quiet around people who she found intimidating and her parents and strict teachers. Behind closed doors she was a party animal.

"Excuse me? Can you help me please," a blonde haired girl tapped me on my shoulder and I turned to face her. "Yes, what is it?"
"I'm a little lost, where's the Economics class?" she asked shyly.
"Are you a freshman?" I asked.

"No I'm a sophomore. I just came from classroom A-3. I'm new here and I can't find the Economics class," she said checking her schedule. "Can you point me in the right direction please?"

"Sophomore Economics is in classroom B-6. All sophomore classes are held in the B classrooms, junior classes are held in the C classrooms and senior classes are held in the D classrooms," I thoroughly explained to her.

"Thanks I appreciate it," she said happily as she turned and left.
"It was nice of you to explain the classrooms and their tags to her. If she had run into anyone else they mightn't have helped her like how you did," Megan said smilingly.
"Yeah well I try to help out where I can," I said modestly.

𝐕𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐨

It was like a freaking morgue around here.

Dario and Annalise were out working, Riley was in her room with a headache, Dean, Felix and Bryce went to pick up our newest shipment of drugs from Theodore and Damen was doing a job for one of our clients in downtown Brooklyn. When Xavier, Carson and Nicole arrived we had more business to discuss.

Xavier called his family and informed them that Jasmine was here and arranged for Nancy and Anthony to come down next week so we could officially declare our alliance. I knew Anthony and Nancy would keep this information confidential. The same for Carson and Nicole. I trusted them.

I did not want to be caught unprepared like last time. I let my guard down and those Russian bastards invaded, slaughtering our people without a shred of remorse. If they should declare war—which they inevitably will— I needed to prepare for it.