The Beasts Within.

(Edited)

𝐕𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐨

"I can't tell you how good it is to have you and Jasmine back home Valentino. The mansion has been quite lonely without you guys," Damen said as he draped an arm across the back of the sofa, stretching his legs out on the carpet and sighing deeply.

I totally agreed with him. Honeymooning in Mexico with Jasmine was amazing, and one of the most memorable experiences in my life. But it was nice to be back home with my family. As of now I was sitting on the living room couch with Damen and the guys. Father and Uncle Enzo were watching the news, Jasmine was upstairs with the girls and Ryan and Rachel were doing their homework by the dining room table. The place was quiet and so peaceful I could fall asleep and not wake up until dinner time.

"So you and Jasmine went to visit Marcello and Emilia hmm?" Uncle Enzo asked directing his attention to me.
"Yes he invited us to lunch at their estate and I introduced them to Jasmine," I replied. "He also introduced me to some of his friends. Arlo Sanchez, Filip Adamski, Andy Malik and Cheryl Smith."

"I remember them, they're very self-proclaimed individuals each with their own reputation, in their Mafias and their hometowns," Father said switching off the TV. "Did you strike up a deal with any one of them?"

I took a sip of Cognac and swallowed the slightly bitter tasting liquid before answering. "I've decided to wait until we're better acquainted with them before I make any decision to align the Sangue Mafia with their Mafias. Just as a precaution,"

"Daddy can you help me with my homework?" Rachel suddenly appeared at her father's side, holding up her English notebook.
"What do you need help with baby?" Dario asked her.

"Ms Price gave us some words to spell, there are twenty here and most of them I can spell, but this one...this one is hard," she said handing the book to Dario and pointing at the word in question.
"Ambidextrous. It's when someone is able to use the right and left hands equally well, to write, draw, eat— anything involving their hands," Dario explained to her. "Can you say it for me?"

"Ambi..ambidex," she struggled in trying to say the word correctly.
"Ambidextrous. A-m-b-i-d-e-x-t-r-o-u-s, ambidextrous," Dario said patiently spelling out the word and pronouncing it also.

"A-m-b-i-d-e-x-t-r-o-u-s, ambidextrous," she repeated.
"Say it again," Dario prompted.
"A-m-b-i-d-e-x-t-r-o-u-s, ambidextrous."
"One more time, you can do it."
"A-m-b-i-d-e-x-t-r-o-u-s, ambidextrous."

"Molto brava principessa," Dario said proudly.
(Very good princess)
"Grazie per avermi aiutato papà," she giggled as she bent down and kissed Dario on his cheek.
(Thank you for helping me Daddy)

"I'll be right back you guys, I'm just gonna get some water."

I looked behind me and saw Jasmine coming down the stairs in a pair of shorts and one of my T-shirts with her hair in a messy bun atop her head. She was wearing a pair of nude sandals and I could see that her toes were painted in neon pink.

"Hi honey, whatcha doing?" she asked happily as she leaned over the back of the couch and gave me a playful kiss.
"Nothing much I'm just-"
"We're having some much needed guy time, you go back upstairs with the girls and leave him alone," Dean interjected.

"I was speaking to my husband Dean, are you my husband?" Jasmine asked sweetly.
"No I'm not your husband but-"
"Good because I was talking to Valentino. So mind your business and drink your Cognac."

"Oh but this is my business, Valentino is my cousin and I have all rights to interfere in your and his affairs," Dean said smugly.
"Oh please. I didn't know this was a Reverse Harem relationship," she retorted. "You know, one girl two or more men."
"Ooh I had no idea you were into that, you're just full of surprises aren't you cousin-in-law?"
"Of course I am, just not for you, you fucking perve."