Home Sweet Home.

(Edited)

𝐉𝐚𝐬𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐞

"Home sweet home," I sighed contentedly as I stepped out of the Uber that transported Valentino and I to the mansion.
"It feels great to be back," Valentino said as he closed the door and opened the trunk to take out bags out. Not wanting anyone in the family to know that we were coming, we called for an Uber.

With our suitcases in hand, Valentino opened the front door and we entered together. The moment we stepped into the dining room, I could hear Ryan and Rachel talking loudly and Annalise scolding them to be quiet. Riley, Dean, Felix and Bryce were eating and having an argument about a football game, Mr Guerrero was having a discussion with Enzo and I could see Annalise holding Alec in her arms.

He'd grown considerably over the past few weeks and his arms and legs were chubby and so were his cheeks. I looked around for Nadia but she was nowhere to be found—typical.

"Matteo and Teresa! If I have to tell you to be quiet and eat your breakfast one more time, I'm taking your tablets and cutting your TV time. You have to go to school in a little while, so eat!" Annalise sternly reprimanded her children. I chuckled as they meekly nodded their heads at the use of their middle names. Valentino was just about to make our presence known with a simple good morning, but I beat him to it.

"WE'RE BACK MOTHER FUCKERS!"

All heads turned in our direction and there was a moment of stunned silence as realization dawned on everyone. Ryan and Rachel were the first to break through the trance like atmosphere.

"JASMINE! UNCLE TINO! YOU'RE BACK!" they yelled ecstatically as they clambered off their chairs and ran up to us. I dropped my suitcases on the floor and met them halfway, hugging them while smothering them with kisses.

"We missed you so much Jasmine, so, so, so, so, sooo much!" Rachel squealed as she squeezed me tightly around my waist.
"I missed you kids too. So, so, so, so, sooo much," I laughed.
"What, you didn't miss me? I'm hurt Ryan, Rachel," Valentino said in an injured tone.

"We missed you too Uncle Tino," Ryan said happily as he and Rachel moved away from me to hug Valentino. With a chuckle he picked up Rachel first, gave her a hug and a kiss and did the same to Ryan, talking lovingly to them in Italian. I walked over to the table and hugged everyone one by one, starting with Annalise and Dario, then Enzo and finally Mr Guerrero—my father-in-law.

"How are you my dear? Did you enjoy your honeymoon?" he asked planting a kiss on my forehead.
"It was wonderful Mr Guerrero. Valentino and I enjoyed every minute of it," I said smilingly.

"I hope you made use of the gifts Sabrina, Annalise and I got you," Riley said teasingly as she got off her chair to hug me. 
"Of course I made use of them," I giggled. "He loved them."
"Don't hog her Riley, we missed her too you know," Bryce pushed Riley aside and I laughed and hugged him too.

After a few seconds I moved to hug Dean and Felix but stopped dead when I saw Dean's arm in a sling and Felix's leg in a cast.
"What the hell happened to you guys?!" I asked in horror.
"A job gone wrong, no biggie," Felix said ruefully.
"Which job went wrong?" Valentino joined us and when he caught sight of Dean and Felix's injurys, his face hardened instantly.
"Where, when and how did this happen and by whom?"

"The both of you just got back, relax, have some breakfast. No need to jump into business right now," Annalise spoke up.
"Annalise is right guys," Dario said. "There's always later to-"
"I don't give a flying fuck how much they're willing to pay, I am not selling the hotel. If they want to buy it so fucking badly, they can take it up with Valentino when he gets back!"