So Much To Do, So Little Time.

(Edited)

𝐕𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐨

"When's the wedding? We're in April, to plan a wedding for Tino and Jasmine, inviting our allies and family members will take time, money and preparations," Dean said. "Guest lists, a venue,  invitations and other essentials. Sabrina are you taking notes?"

"I've been taking notes since last week, as the best friend of the bride, naturally I'll be planning the wedding," Sabrina laughed. "Especially since she's going to be my new sister in a few weeks."
"Where will we have the wedding? Times Square Church has a really nice atmosphere, perfect for a wedding," Riley suggested.

"For sure, it won't be a problem to host the wedding there," Damen chimed in. "Just make sure there's ample space. Don't forget, we have a big family. Not to mention the allies we'll be inviting."

I sat there listening to everyone plan my wedding, a reserved expression on my face. It's been two weeks since we had that visit from Ivan, Kazimir and Andriana. Two weeks since Jasmine and I were 'engaged' and two weeks closer to our wedding.

"Valentino do you have an appropriate date for the wedding?" Riley asked. "Or a specific month at least? May? June?"
"The wedding will be held on the first Sunday in May. That will be the fifth of May. Today is the tenth of April That's three weeks from now," I told her.

"Three weeks to plan a wedding? That's crazy Tino! So much to do in so little time. We need to make arrangements for the venue,  invitations, flowers, caterers and shopping for the perfect dress!- Oh God it's too much, I think I need a drink," Sabrina moaned.

"It can't be helped, the sooner we get married the better. Ivan will be expecting a real wedding. And since we all know that prick has no patience, he'll be watching us, closely to see if we'll go through with it," I said pouring some whiskey in a glass.

"Who are we inviting by the way? The majority of our extended family is already living here," Dean noted. "Uncle Luciano and his two sons, Sabrina, Dario, Nadia, Annalise and the kids, Dad, Felix, Bryce, Riley and myself. The only other ones are Grandma Karmen, Uncle Antonio, Aunt Alessia and their kids. Then there's Aunt Chantelle's side of the family."

"Relatively speaking, won't the miserable witch show up to the wedding and start a drama? She's a pro at that," Damen said bitterly. "She already tried to show up when Sabrina and I were getting married. Thank God the guards stopped her before she could enter the church."

"The day she left this family, she's lost all her rights to partake in any family events. As far as we're concerned, she's no one," Father growled. "I don't want her anywhere near this wedding."
"Where's Jasmine? Shouldn't she be here?" Dario asked to divert everyone's attention from that uncomfortable subject
"It's Wednesday, she's in school at the moment," I told him.

"I feel sorry for her, she so badly wanted to finish college and she can't even do that," Annalise said shaking her head.
"Valentino did promise he'd let her graduate," Riley reminded her.
"She won't be able to attend college once she and Valentino gets married. Anyone wishing to hurt Valentino would try to take out Jasmine. When it becomes public that they're married, they won't care whether the marriage is arranged or not, they'll only see it as an opportunity to harm us," Damen said gravely.

"I promised I'll allow her to graduate and that's what I'll do. It's the least I could do after all the shit I put her through. Marrying me at such a young age just to save face," I said rubbing my temples.
"She was the one to propose marriage Tino," Dean reminded me.

"She wouldn't have to propose marriage if it weren't for the crap going on between the three Mafias. She and I will be married, she will become my wife. My problems will be her problems, my enemies will be her enemies and my demons...will be hers," I said hoarsely. "She doesn't deserve any of this."