Love- An Emotion Or A Person?

𝐕𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐨

After leaving the gym, I went to my room and took a cold shower. Refreshed after having spent the morning training with Jasmine, I walked through the hall downstairs with a cigarette in my mouth, head filled with the very recent memory of the erotic moment we shared. The erotic moment that drove me wild with desire.

"I'll never get sick of you babygirl. Do you want to know why? Because I love-"

I shook my head and inhaled more of the cigarette. That was way too close. I couldn't hurt her by saying those three words. Because I knew they weren't true. She'll be expecting me to say it with genuinity, to mean every word, to prove it since she believed that actions spoke so much louder than words.

I considered her an equal, I admired her, respected her and desired her above all else. Did that mean I loved her? Absolutely not. Love is more than just an emotion, it's something that binds people together, makes them feel happy, cherished, safe, secure.

Love is comforting someone in need of comfort. Letting them know somebody cared. Love is looking past imperfections in your partner and seeing the beautiful person inside. True love seeks the happiness and well being of your partner rather than yourself.

Love was like a home.

You leave your house to go to work or to school and come back after a long day. You greet your loved ones and take a seat on the couch, kicking off your shoes and leaning back. You close your eyes, inhaling the scent of food cooking in the kitchen. You sit down for a meal with your family and tell them about your day, while in turn listening to theirs.

After dinner you help your wife, husband, mother or father clean up. You sit and watch TV together, laughing at something funny, crying at something sad or screaming at something scary. Up the stairs you'll go to shower and change into your night clothes and climb into your nice warm bed with your partner or favourite stuffed animal. You'll close your eyes and fall asleep feeling as safe as you were in your mother's womb.

Such was love.

I fell in love with Andria, I was ready to marry her, to make her my wife and give her the world if she asked for it. I was willing to sacrifice my life to be with her, to give her the secureness she needed, the wealth she wanted and the love she deserved. I was genuinely in love with her, but my affection was not reciprocated.

She left me for someone else. She left me for him. After that I swore I'd never let another woman do that to me. I swore I'd never give her a chance to hurt me. I swore I'd never fall in love. And I meant it. I kept my vow and practiced it for years after Andria left me, building up a wall, never breaking it down-for anyone.

But now that Jasmine was here, I could feel those walls crumbling like a house of cards, due to fall any minute with just single blow.

𝐉𝐚𝐬𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐞

"Bud, Lou, Mandy, lunch time my loves. Come to Mommy," I said sweetly as I walked into the hyena closure, bringing with me a gallon of milk in which to feed them. As I read in books and watched on National Geographic, in the wild, hyena cubs feed exclusively on their mother's milk for approximately six months and were generally weaned between twelve and twenty months.

Spotted hyena mothers produce fat and protein-rich milk, richer than any other terrestrial carnivore. Their cubs are completely dependent on milk for the first six months of their lives and will continue to nurse for up to another year. Valentino was supposed to get them when they were about a year old so he could feed them meat, but that was before their mother died, leaving them orphaned.