Human City

"Chara! It's time to go! Get your lazy vampire butt out of bed and let's go!" Asriel shouted from outside their door. They were unsure of how a flower could be so damn loud.

"But the sun is shining! That means it's time to go to sleep!" Chara complained, pulling a Frisk over their head. Frisk was giggling.

"You useless vampires! It's time to go! Get ready to rumble!" Undyne declared loudly, throwing an umbrella through the window like a spear. Chara groaned, and Frisk picked them up and slung them over their shoulder. They kicked open the door, opened the umbrella and skipped outside.

"Maybe you should stay at the town with Alphys," Frisk suggested, patting Chara's head, "You'll scare the humans with all that sheer bossness and awesome!"

"Or run in terror from the spear wielding fish maniac that looks kind of like an avocado crossed with an angry trout." Chara grumbled, waving their legs about and Frisk made several distressed whale noises while trying to subdue the flailing legs.

"I'd get you back for that, ya little punk, but I think chocolate and humiliation will do it for me." Undyne said with a laugh, and Chara let out a loud groan and Frisk a giggle.

"So are we all ready to go?" Both Mother and Sam asked at the same time, and the two looked at each other awkwardly. Sam rubbed the back of her head and looked away.

"Sure am!" Asriel declared, Frisk nodded and Chara continued to internally scream in anguish.

"Then let's go!" Dad said with a big smile. Time to go to the city.

~~~In the city~~~

Although Chara insisted that they were capable of walking on their own, Frisk seemed happy with holding them over their shoulder while Chara held the umbrella. Chara was glad that Frisk had a firm hold on them, as they were ready to beat the crap out of some humans.

Chara could hear all the snarky, hateful comments and mumbled fear along the streets and see the way people were looking at them. Their family didn't notice at all though; they were all caught up in staring at the tall buildings and city lights. Frisk was guarded and defensive, but not upset by a long shot, which was good.

"Well, the city hall is just up there. You should meet the Baron in there, and his name is Darcy. If you want him to like you, just give him these." Sam pointed out, tossing a family size bag of flaming hot cheetos to dad. The building ahead of the group was huge, polished and gorgeous, but the designs, carvings and the building itself was ancient. The entry way reminded Frisk of the Greek Parthenon, and built into something like a pillared castle.

"Ah, thank you, Sam!" Father nodded, inspecting the bag that he held. As the group approached the entry way, they were greeted by a tall, black haired man with a messy bun and an elegant suit. His skin was tanned, and Chara suspected he came from the islands. When he opened his mouth, this suspicion was confirmed by his accent.

"My name is Darcy. Baron Darcy go be exact, and-" Darcy paused, his eyes scanning the group and grinning widely when they landed on Sam, "So you didn't die, huh Sam?! We'll have to catch up soon!"

"Right, yeah." Sam laughed in an awkward manner, "We'll definitely have to do that."

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Baron! A lovely morning, is it not? My name is Toriel. This is king Asgore, our heirs and children, Asriel and Chara, and Chara's, uhm... Friend!" Toriel introduced, and Darcy's eyes lit up at the mention of Frisk, as if he knew of them.

"Ah, yes, and I have something I heard you might like?" Father offered him the bag, and Darcy graciously accepted, giving Sam a ridiculous smirk.

"Why thank you," Darcy dipped his head politely, pulling a letter from his vest, "And I have something for you."

"Ah, thank you. May I ask what is inside?" Father asked, taking the letter and handing it over to Mom.

"Everything you'll need to know about the terms of the relationship between our kingdoms," Darcy explained, "I recommend you look it over with your people."

"Of course! Thank you so much for your time, Baron!" Mom smiled, and the Baron nodded respectfully.

Darcy turned to Chara and Frisk with a smirk, "I'm glad you two have such a positive relationship, it'll be important in the future."

Frisk thought nothing of it, and as the group said their good-byes, they turned to take their sick and sleepy little Chara home.

"Oh, wait!" Darcy called out and Sam stopped dead in their tracks. "Sam, we need to talk business for a moment."

"It'll catch up guys, be safe." Sam sighed, and walked back towards the city hall. This was going to be delightful.