In The Lab

"O-oh, okay.. Well just f-follow me and I'll s-start by taking some samples.." Alphys stammered, leading Chara inside the lab while Chara put their little bat inside the pocket of their sweater. The bat, however, wasn't having any of it and soon crawled back out and poked their head of their collar. Alphys was a little bit worried and unsettled around Chara, and was honestly a little suspicious about the bat that wasn't entirely a bat, but she knew she had no right to be.

"S-so, we'll just go up these s-stairs and-" Alphys stopped mid sentence and turned to her desk, seeing that her little pet had tipped over her over piled can of trash and had begun to dig through it, "E! E get your face out of my trash we both know there aren't any more instant noodles in that massive heap! E! What are you doing?!"

The small little raccoon had gotten out of the trash with a container of half eaten noodles and climbed up onto Alphys' chair and sat down. E turned and looked at Alphys while reaching their tiny little raccoon hand into the container, holding it with the other.

"Well.. Alright then... You do you, I guess.." Alphys sighed, turning to face Chara only to see the tiny bat that was in their pocket jump out and fly over to E the raccoon, landing on their head and staring into the container of noodles. The bat started to make little squeaky noises, and E responded by setting their noodles on the desk and trying to catch the bat. Chara laughed while E chased Frisk the bat around the lab.

"Alright Frisk, you have fun!" Chara laughed sincerely while watching the spectacle. That one was kind of new to see.. Alphys didn't know Chara very well, but from what they heard from everyone else, they weren't exactly one to laugh or smile or.. Or do anything that they were doing as of right now. Guess that goes to show you can't really trust what everyone says about someone.

"Uhm.. A-anyway.. If you'll come with me, please.." Alphys laughed awkwardly, shuffling up the stairs with Chara in tow. She led them to a small chair next to a table of equipment and sat them down, pulling a tray out in front of them.

"So, f-first I'm gonna take a blood sample. T-try to stay calm, okay?" Alphys said, not exactly calm themselves, and it was showing. They weren't used to drawing blood, even if they knew how to do it. They took the syringe and hooked up the tube and vial to it, setting it down on the tray in front of Chara. Then they took a small rubber tie in one claw and lifted up Chara's sleeve with the other. After poking about for a few moments, they took the rubber tie and wrapped it around their arm.

"O-okay. I want you to l-look at me or at your bat or something w-while I do this, okay?" Alphys took a deep breath when Chara nodded nonchalantly, turning away and looking out to see E still chasing around Frisk. Chara wondered if Alphys was even cut out to be doing this kind of thing, but they honestly didn't care. It wasn't like they were here for themselves. If they were, well this would be a very different story.

"Alright! A-all done!" Alphys let out a sigh of relief, placing a bandage against the tiny little prick in Chara's arm. They then pulled the little vial out of the tube and swished it around a little.

"So.. What now?" Chara asked, a little confused. They got up and looked over the railing of the second floor and down at the raccoon that was running around and their little bat Frisk who.. Was flying right at them.

In a loud crash of confusion, Frisk flew right into Chara and shifted back into their human form.. While directly on top of them. Frisk had effectively pinned Chara down on the floor, and was awkwardly giggling while looking them in the eye. Chara's face quickly became a hot pink, and their heart started to bubble up and race as if they were running a marathon or something.

Then it started to happen again. Their forehead started to steam up, and their whole body began to tremor and shake beneath Frisk. Their eyes faded to black, just as their world did, and they began to drip the same black, tar like liquid from their eyes and mouth as the scar on their cheek opened up. Frisk started to panic, and rolled off from atop of Chara, and looked up to Alphys, who was freaking out just as much.

Then Alphys had an idea. They ran up to their desk and took a petri dish and a swab and knelt down next to Chara's trembling body, "H-hold them down, please.." Alphys voice was shaking just as much as Chara's body was.

"Sure, right. Of course." Frisk muttered to themselves, kneeling down next to Chara and holding them down by the arms and stomach. Alphys nodded in thanks, taking the swab and gently passing it over the black tar that was dripping out of the scar on Chara's cheek, and then wiped it in the petri dish. After setting it down next to Chara's blood sample, they ran to the side and opened up their make shift bed.

"S-set them down over here.." Alphys called, turning to see Frisk picking up Chara and bringing them over. They gently sat Chara down in the bed and sat next to them, taking their hand in their own and gently stroking their forehead. Alphys looked at the two and sighed, walking back over to the table and getting a new syringe, tube and vial and hooking them all up.

"S-so.. I'm g-gonna have to get a sample from you, t-too.." Alphys said quietly, looking over at Frisk, who only nodded in reply. Alphys took the small rubber tie, and felt around for a pulse on Frisk's arm. There wasn't one. Alphys started to sweat nervously and feel around for the pulse to no avail. Alphys sighed, and took a educated guess based on where they would normally be and tied the tie before sticking Frisk.

When they pulled back on the syringe, the only thing that came out and into the vial was a stickly black liquid, that seemed freakishly similar to the liquid in the petri dish. Acting like everything was totally not weird as hell, Alphys put away the materials, stuck a bandage on Frisk's arm, and shuffled back over to her samples. Putting a lid on each one, Alphys turned to Frisk.

"H-hey.. I have to run to.. To the bathroom r-really quick.." Alphys stuttered, already running down the stairs before Frisk had a chance to respond.

There was no way that stuff was what they thought it was...