Anticipated Words

Chara blinked open their eyes, groaning as the light from the laboratory shone in. Their head was pounding and they felt exhausted in more than one way. They wanted to sleep, and to have peaceful sleep that wasn't full of terrors and feeling like they were being ripped apart between life and death.

So yeah, a good night's sleep would be quite beneficial to Chara at this point, but they didn't think that would be happening anytime soon. Then Chara noticed a warm feeling in their hand, and a soft grip, as if a silken handkerchief had been wrapped around them. It was Frisk. Frisk was holding their hand.

Chara decided to shut their eyes and try not to blush. Frisk was holding their hand. This was fine, they weren't freaking out or anything. Why would they be? They had kissed before and done more than just hand holding but this felt more.. Intimate.

Frisk yawned and slowly laid down on top of Chara, snuggling up closer to them, now that Chara's body had relaxed from its spasms. Yet, Chara themselves was anything but relaxed. Their heart was pounding right out of their chest, and they knew Frisk could feel it; they were practically on top of them at this point. There was no way Frisk didn't know.

In fact, Frisk did know, and was fully aware the Chara was awake. In all honesty, they were doing it just to tease them. Of course, they did want to get in a little snuggle time with

Chara before they had to return home and before Alphys came back from.. Wherever she had gone.

See, Alphys said that she was just going to the bathroom, and had been gone for the past three hours. Now, Frisk didn't know for sure how this worked for someone like Alphys, but they were pretty sure it didn't take three hours to do it. Whatever it was she was really doing; Frisk didn't care, now that they were alone with Chara.

"H-hey, Frisk..." Chara stuttered, failing miserably at attempting to hide their nerves, "You're.. You're crushing me just a little bit.."

"Oh! Heh.. You're awake.." Frisk laughed awkwardly, attempting to play it off as if they hadn't known. Which, now that they said it, might have been a little creepy. Despite their awkward reply, Frisk rolled to the side and wrapped their arms around Chara, snuggling into their shoulder. Out of everywhere they had ever been in their life, Frisk could say without any doubt in their mind, that this was the most comfortable. That this felt like what home should feel like.

"I'm awake all right." Chara smiled, turning to face Frisk as they pulled them closer, "And what a sight to wake up to.. You're adorable." Chara giggled, booping their nose against Frisk's. So maybe they were still a little out of it, but that didn't matter too much.

"Why thank you, you're not so bad yourself." Frisk giggled, blushing a little as they nuzzled up against Chara.

"Nah, I'm pretty bad as far as humans go.." Chara sighed. Part of them was still trying to be sad and upset with everything that was going on, and maybe that's because they wanted a reason to be upset. This feeling.. This new feeling, of being content and happy was so new and it scared them. They weren't used to feeling like this, to feeling special to someone in a way that no one else was.

Was this what they thought it was..?

"What? That's.. That isn't true at all!" Frisk was honestly shocked that Chara could ever view themselves like that. Ever since they had met, Chara had been nothing but kind, caring and selfless towards them. How could they ever look at themselves like that.

"Chara.. Look at everything you've done in just the two days I've known you! You've done so much good for me, and I was just a stranger.. How could you ever be a bad human! You're my favorite human!" Frisk exclaimed, pulling Chara in for a tighter hug.