- two -

"alright, sangie, you ready to go in?"

yeosang nodded, smiling nervously.

"they're going to love you, okay? nothing to be worried about."

"o-okay..."

wooyoung smiled as the two got out of the car and gently took yeosang's hand, bringing the boy comfort as they made their way inside.

there, the two were greeted by a tall, blonde boy and a shorter red haired boy.

"hey, guys!" the taller boy greeted excitedly.

"hi, yunho. hi, joongie! this is yeosang, my best friend. he doesn't talk, so please don't be offended! he doesn't mean any harm, yeah?"

"oh, that's no problem! i'm glad to finally meet you, yeosang. i'm yunho."

it's nice to meet you, yeosang typed.

"ohhh! that's so cool! you have an app to help you talk?"

yeosang nodded, nervously playing with his fingers.

"he's had this app since we were like... i don't know, ten? maybe a little older?" wooyoung explained. "by that point he was comfortable talking to me when we're alone, but it made things a lot easier for when we were around other people."

"that's still awesome!"

hongjoong stayed quiet, focused on how nervous yeosang appeared. he didn't want the boy to be so nervous. even if he wasn't comfortable enough to speak, he wanted him to feel comfortable with the boys.

"hey, yeosang?" hongjoong asked gently.

what's up?, the app read.

"could i possibly give you a hug? you seem nervous, so i was wondering if a hug would make you feel a little more comfortable with me."

yeosang felt conflicted. he loved hugs, but at the same time, strangers hugging him didn't feel right. but something about hongjoong seemed welcoming, so maybe it wasn't too bad of an idea.

"it's okay if you don't want me to hug you, okay?"

you can hug me. i promise it's okay, yeosang typed.

hongjoong smiled and gently hugged yeosang, rubbing the boy's back a little before going to pull away. yeosang stayed latched onto hongjoong though, finding himself growing more comfortable and less nervous the longer he held on.

"sangie... are you okay?" wooyoung asked, worried when he noticed the look on the boy's face as he hugged hongjoong.

yeosang nodded, pulling away, then smiled slightly.

"alright... you're sure?"

yeosang nodded again, then followed the others into yunho's living room.

"the others know the drill but please make yourself at home, yeosang! if you need anything, don't be afraid to ask. or text wooyoung, just as long as you're comfortable!" yunho explained, a bright smile glued on his face.

thank you, yeosang typed.

"of course!"

the boys all got comfortable and yunho set up for them to start playing games, when suddenly his phone rang.

"it's mingi... i'll be right back!"

yunho ran out of the room and wooyoung and hongjoong both started to laugh, leaving yeosang with a confused look on his face.

"oh! yeosang, you must be really confused," hongjoong mentioned. "yunho and mingi both like each other, and yet somehow they still aren't together. we find it funny because they make it so obvious and everyone except the two of them knows."