- fifty six -

jongho tapped his foot, chewing his lip as he sat at the table, waiting for his mother to arrive. yewon was at home with yeosang, watching movies as they waited for the boy to return.

"jongho..."

"mom..."

"where's my baby? where's yewon?"

"mom... she's safe, okay? i promise."

"jongho, this isn't funny. where's your sister?" she snapped.

"mom! she's not safe if she stays in that house. please, just listen to me."

his mother's eyes widened, then she nodded just slightly and finally sat down.

"i-i need to know... are you actually going to leave dad?"

"why?"

"because i want my sister safe."

"yes... i'm leaving him. i've been looking for a place and i should be moving soon."

"good... mom? d-did you know he hit her? did you know dad hit wonnie?"

"he what?"

"he hit her. she called me crying a few days ago a-and i went and picked her up."

"jongho..."

"mom? i-i know you don't accept my sexuality a-and i know you probably don't like the fact that i'm dating a boy... but do you at least trust me to take care of her until you move?"

"jongho, sweetie...i-i know i'm not a fan of your sexuality, but if you're happy, why should that matter? you're still my son and i still love you, you know... of course i trust you."

"i— does dad know you're here?"

"no... he doesn't."

"d-does he still track your car?"

"i believe he does..."

"leave your car here... c-come to my place. meet my boyfriend and see wonnie."

"alright."

"it's a ten minute walk from here, is that okay?"

"of course."

jongho smiled slightly and nodded, taking a deep breath before getting up and leading his mother out the door. the two walked in near silence until the two got close to the apartment complex.

"don't tell anyone, but san lives in this complex too... we did that on purpose."

"oh, that's so sweet... how is he?"

"he's been better... he hasn't been the same since the car accident we were in. y'know... i heard you in my room one night... i-i was too tired and in pain to open my eyes and see, but i heard you."

"i-i knew it had to have been your father and uncle's work... the second i heard, i called your aunt and we discussed it. she was worried as hell about san, but she knew she'd be killed if your uncle found out."

"mom... t-thank you for visiting me when i was stuck there."

"of course i did, sweetheart..."

jongho nodded and sighed.

"san has ptsd from the accident. he relies a lot on wooyoung and myself..."

"you're a good cousin, jjong."

"thanks, mom..."

the older woman nodded, then the two entered the apartment building and jongho froze.