- thirty one -

over the next two weeks, jongho remained in the hospital, constantly being checked on by different doctors and nurses. yeosang, although he hated hospitals, stayed by jongho's side through it all, only leaving to visit his mother or go home when visiting hours were over.

san had been released a week earlier, and although he came back daily, he would only stay for an hour or two to let yeosang and jongho have their time together.

"you know... i don't really like it here, but at least i spend every day with you," jongho chuckled slightly, being careful not to laugh too hard and hurt himself.

i don't mind being here with you, but i would much rather you out of here.

"i would too."

the two sat quietly, yeosang getting distracted by playing with jongho's hair. the younger smiled a bit, admiring yeosang's every move.

"hey... i shouldn't be here too much longer, the doctor said my head injury's starting to look better."

where are you going to go?

"i'm not sure... i'll have to get into my house somehow to grab my stuff eventually... and to say bye to yewon. i'll probably stay with san though."

i want you to stay with me...

"yeo... as much as i'd love that, i can't."

yeosang pouted a bit, clearly having wanted to get his way.

"cute... i promise it has nothing to do with you though, okay? i just know that san's going to want me to stay with him for a while. i've told you how he is about family."

yeosang nodded, trying to hide a yawn, which jongho still managed to notice, resting his good hand on yeosang's hip and starting to pull him closer.

"did you sleep last night?"

yeosang shook his head, looking down a bit.

"bub... what happened?"

i tried, i promise. i got to sleep for like half an hour before i woke up from a nightmare.

"would you be able to fall asleep here? or would that be too unsettling for you?"

i can try?

"that's my boy... c'mere, lay down with me," jongho encouraged, opening his arms.

yeosang hesitantly did, his cheeks brightly flushed after jongho's endearing words. he felt comfortable laying in jongho's arms, his eyes growing heavier. not long after, the boy fell asleep, jongho smiling down at him.

"hey, jjong," san said softly, walking in with wooyoung behind him.

"hi guys," jongho whispered, being careful not to wake yeosang up.

"aw, how long has he been asleep?" wooyoung asked.

"not long... probably five minutes or so."

"he didn't sleep well last night... he texted me at almost two in the morning telling me he couldn't sleep and asked if i was up since i've been staying with him, but i didn't see until this morning."

"he could've texted me..."

"he didn't want to be a bother, i'm sure. you know he does that."

jongho frowned, nodding at he looked down at the sleeping boy in his arms.

"you guys are so cute," san exclaimed.

"i think... i think that once i'm out of here, i want to take him on a date."