- thirty five -

now that jongho was finally out of the hospital, he had plans to take yeosang out on a date. he just wasn't sure how to go about asking, especially since yeosang wasn't doing great with adjusting to staying at san and seonghwa's. jongho was worried, the older hadn't even tried to speak since they had arrived a couple of days before. it was very unlike him.

it was about 2 am when jongho felt yeosang moving around in his arms, waking the younger up. jongho stayed quiet and opened his eyes, noticing tears running down yeosang's cheeks as the boy tried to get comfortable and fall asleep. he sighed again, getting frustrated with himself and desperately just wanting for things to feel better. when jongho noticed the boy's frustration, he gently started to rub his back, startling the older.

"what's wrong, love?"

"i— i-i'm s-sorry..." yeosang cried out softly, clinging to jongho.

"what are you sorry for? you didn't do anything wrong..."

yeosang began to look around for his phone, which jongho then grabbed and handed to him.

i woke you up, didn't i?

"i was already awake," jongho fibbed, simply wanting to make yeosang feel better.

are you sure?

"yes, love. i was trying to fall asleep and couldn't. now tell me what's wrong, yeah?"

i don't belong here. i feel so awkward in this house and like i don't belong. i want to be here with you, i want to be by your side every second, i just don't feel right here.

"do you want to stay at your own house? is that what you want?"

no. i need to be with you. you're the only person who just gets it. i just don't know what to do about how i'm feeling.

"yeo... it sounds like you need to go home. you don't feel comfortable here, wouldn't that help?"

yeosang rapidly shook his head, clinging to jongho tightly and beginning to hyperventilate from crying.

"hey... look at me, love... look at me," jongho whispered, gently cupping yeosang's cheek.

yeosang hesitantly looked into jongho's eyes, struggling to control his breathing and stop hyperventilating.

"focus on me, yeo. try to focus on me..."

yeosang whimpered softly as he stared at jongho, letting everything around them melt away. jongho gently ran his thumb across the older's cheek, wiping away his tears and doing whatever he could to soothe the boy.

"c'mon, put some shoes on and let's go," jongho insisted.

yeosang was confused, but nodded and grabbed his shoes, pulling his full trust into jongho.

"do you have your key?"

yeosang's face fell, tears welling up in his eyes again. did jongho not like him anymore? why did he want him to go home so badly??

"baby... hey, don't cry... we're both gonna stay there tonight, okay? you haven't been sleeping well and you need some rest..."

yeosang whimpered softly and nodded, going and grabbing his key and then handing it to jongho.

"thank you, bub... c'mon, let's go..."

the two boys made their way out of the apartment and started on their way, jongho beginning to limp as they got closer to yeosang's house. yeosang noticed and got frustrated, then stood in front of jongho with angry eyes.

"what?" jongho asked, confused.

yeosang pointed at his leg, huffing.

"yeo... it's okay, i'm just a little sore. i'm okay, i promise."

we shouldn't have walked, jjong.

"it was the only option, okay? you need sleep, and i know you would've killed me if i had woken up woo to drive us."

yeosang let out a sigh and continued walking, not waiting for jongho. he couldn't shake the thought that maybe jongho was sick of him, or that he was going to get left alone. it overwhelmed his mind, leaving jongho confused as to why yeosang wasn't holding his hand anymore.

the two got to yeosang's and jongho unlocked the door, then yeosang bolted up the stairs, running to his bed and beginning to cry. jongho sighed, running his hand through his hair and taking out his phone to text wooyoung and san where the two had gone for the morning, then making his way upstairs.

"yeo... hey, baby... did i do something?" jongho asked softly, sitting at the edge of the bed.

yeosang shook his head, hugging onto the pillow between his arms.

"do you want to talk about it?"

are you sure you didn't bring me here because you're sick of me?

"baby... why would i be sick of you? i brought you here because i want you to get some sleep and this is going to be the most comfortable place for you. i'm not leaving your side while we're here, love. i just want to make sure you're taken care of."

"i—"

"shh... it's okay, just come here, okay?"

yeosang nodded and crawled over to jongho, sitting on his lap and hugging onto him.

"i know you're probably thinking this, but i promise you... i didn't bring you here because i'm sick of you and i'm not leaving you. you mean the world to me, yeo."

yeosang gently nuzzled his head into jongho's neck, taking in his scent and taking a few deep breaths as he tried to calm down. jongho noticed this and rubbed the boy's back, bringing yeosang's hand up to his lips and gently kissing his fingers.

"if you need me to do anything, love... don't hesitate to ask, okay?" jongho reminded.

yeosang nodded, clinging to jongho and hiccuping slightly.

"we can lay down too, if you prefer. it's all up to you."

yeosang nodded again, indicating that he wanted to lay down. jongho gently laid back, yeosang laying on his chest, the younger gently brushing through his hair with his fingers.

"your hair's getting long... i like it," jongho whispered.

yeosang smiled weakly, not having the energy to give a good smile. jongho smiled when he noticed the boy's lazy smile, kissing his forehead gently.

"how are you doing, love?"

yeosang shrugged, reaching to grab jongho's hand, beginning to play with the boy's fingers.

"you look tired... want me to turn off the light?"

yeosang shook his head, going to get up and do it himself. jongho chuckled slightly, amused at how even when yeosang wasn't doing his best, he still tried so hard to do everything for himself. soon, yeosang laid back in bed, curling up next to jongho and resting his head on the boy's chest.

"don't be afraid to wake me up if you need me, love... you know i'll do anything for you."

yeosang nodded, closing his eyes and grabbing onto jongho's hand again, playing with the boy's fingers until he fell asleep. jongho just laid still, carefully making sure that yeosang was getting some much needed rest and was as comfortable as possible.

it wasn't long before both boys had fallen asleep, peacefully laying beside each other. if a moment could last forever, both boys would want it to be this.

just the two of them.

______
a/n:
hi i might disappear soon-ish??? i have a ton of projects and papers due 😅