- twelve -

upon receiving his next letter, yeosang began to panic. he was extremely worried for his friend, and quickly began to scribble another letter to the boy. he had forgotten to send out his other letter, so he decided to put both in one envelope and mail them that way, since both would get to the boy's house at the same time anyways.

yeosang could tell the author of the letter had been crying while writing, as there were places on the page that were smudged and crinkled. this caused a frown on his face, feeling a bit guilty for never getting his other letter out.

soon, he had finished the letter and put it in the envelope, and quickly went on his way to send it out.

when he arrived back at his house, wooyoung was standing on his doorstep.

"sangie! i have a surprise for you!"

"y-you know i hate surprises..." yeosang muttered softly, despite feeling a bit excited that wooyoung had brought him something.

"well... i don't think this surprise is all that bad. ready?"

yeosang nodded and closed his eyes, waiting for wooyoung to tell him he could open them.

"alright, open!"

yeosang opened his eyes to a familiar boy standing in front of him. he was tall, handsome... and somehow he still looked the same. the younger boy's eyes welled with tears as the older smiled and waved, and he found himself stuck where he was standing as he struggled to get the words he was feeling out.

"hi, yeosang..." seonghwa said softly. "it's been so long..."

yeosang let out some soft noises as he tried to speak, but ultimately was unable to, frustrating him. he grabbed at his hair and let tears fall down his cheeks, worrying wooyoung.

"sangie... hey, it's okay... use your phone, bub... use your phone, it's okay," he cooed, hugging the boy's side and carefully taking his phone out of his pocket.

seonghwa frowned a bit, unsure of what he had done to make yeosang so upset, and he carefully looked between the two boys in front of him.

"should i go?" he asked softly.

yeosang quickly shook his head, growing even more frustrated with himself as he tried to start typing something into his app. seonghwa quickly understood and nodded, waiting patiently for yeosang to get the words written.

please don't leave. i'm sorry for crying.

"yeosang... hey, you don't have to be sorry for crying," seonghwa started.

"sangie, you're just getting frustrated, yeah? you used to be able to talk to hwa so you wanted to be able to do that again, didn't you?"

a shy yeosang nodded, chewing at his lip.

"it's okay that you can't talk to me just yet, yeosang. it's been a really long time since we last saw each other. i'm just really glad to see you again."

i'm really happy to see you, seonghwa. i missed you a lot.

"i missed you too, yeosang. there hasn't been a day where i haven't wondered how you were. you're very special to me."

"he is?" wooyoung asked, gently grabbing yeosang's hand.

"yeah... i was honestly kind of shy back then. i just saw him playing alone and i decided that i should be brave and go up to him. sure, he didn't talk... but he still let me play with him and that made little me so happy. i had tried playing with other people, but they had all been so mean to me and never let me join in. i moved a lot as a kid, and i had been spending that whole first week trying to find someone to play with... no one let me before yeosang. that's always stuck with me. he was my first real friend since i never really had the chance to make friends before i moved towns again."