- three -

wooyoung was speeding as he looked around for yeosang, and soon, he came across the blonde boy walking down the street.

"sangie!" he called out the window, slowing down when he got close to him.

"w-why are you h-here?" yeosang cried.

"i was worried... you left without saying anything, a-and i had this weird feeling that something was wrong... i needed to make sure you were okay."

"i-i'm fine, woo... i-i just don't want to ruin anyone's day..." he muttered, wiping at his eyes.

"sangie... you wouldn't be ruining anyone's day for wanting to go home. hongjoong and yunho fully understood that going in the first place was a huge step for you and they were happy to adjust to make you comfortable."

"p-people shouldn't have to adjust for m-me..."

"you can't make friends if you won't let people adjust for you."

"then m-maybe i'm not meant to have friends..."

"but you are... sangie, i'm so proud of you for coming today. hongjoong and yunho really liked you too. here, get in the car, i'll drive you the rest of the way."

"y-you should go back, woo..."

"i don't want to. i don't want to go until i'm sure you're home safe."

"woo..."

"i'm serious."

yeosang sighed and got in the car, then wooyoung smiled small and drove the boy home.

"thank you for coming with me today, sangie. i was really happy to have you there with me."

"you mean that?"

"i do."

"i-i liked hanging out with you guys. they were really nice t-to me..."

"they're always like that, unless they really feel someone's a bad person."

"h-have you guys ever had a bad person over?"

wooyoung hesitated, but soon nodded.

"remember that week i stayed at yours? when i barely slept and kept crying?"

yeosang nodded in response, frowning.

"i had refused to tell you what it was about, i didn't want to burden you. but, i got into a huge fight with hongjoong and yunho because they both thought the guy i had introduced to them and brought to hang out with us was bad news. i liked him a bit... but it turns out they were right. i found that out on my fourth day staying here."

"i'm sorry, woo..."

"don't be. that fight needed to happen for me to understand how good they are at reading people. i'm a bit more oblivious, i think."

"no... i-it's not oblivious, you just always look for the good, woo..."

wooyoung smiled a bit, grateful that he had yeosang by his side.

"thanks, sangie... we're here!"

yeosang looked around and sighed, both relieved and unhappy about being home.

"she's still not doing well, is she?" wooyoung asked.

"i-it's the reason i've been more willing to go to y-your house..."

"sangie... i'm sorry, bubba..."

"i-it's not your fault... h-hey... have fun with yunho a-and hongjoong, okay? tell them i said t-thank you..." yeosang said quickly, getting out of the car.

"i'm not leaving..."

"woo..."

"i know you, sangie. you're gonna go upstairs and hide in your room, like you always do. you're going to let yourself be suffocated by the sound of your mother's cries, all to be reminded that she's sick again and is refusing treatment because your asshole of a father left her. then you're going to go down, make dinner for her, and go back up for the night without taking care of yourself."

"t-that's not true..."

"really?"

yeosang nodded, his eyes filling with tears.

"okay, fine. we'll go with that. but, i'm still coming inside. i told joong and yunho i wasn't coming back."

"w-why...?"

"they were worried about you too, sangie. they were glad i was coming to find you."

yeosang squeezed his eyes shut for a moment before going to the front door, quickly unlocking the door and walking inside. he greeted his mother quietly, kissing her cheek, before going to the kitchen and getting himself a glass of water and then going upstairs to his room.

wooyoung let himself in shortly after, sighing when he realized yeosang was already up in his room. instead of going to his side, he sat by yeosang's mother and held her hand while she cried, something yeosang was too terrified to do.

little did wooyoung know, the older was watching from the stairs, tears falling from his eyes as he realized how horrible he had truly been towards his mother. she was sick and heartbroken, and he was too scared to think of anyone but himself.

_______
a/n:
omg omg almost comeback day !!!

qotd ;; what song are you most excited for on fever pt. 3??