- thirty -

yeosang took another deep breath, sighing when he realized that jongho wasn't going to wake up. he just wanted to see the boy's smile again, hug him, cuddle him... he just wanted to feel safe in jongho's arms. but it seemed like he needed a miracle.

"i-i know... y-you're asleep right now... b-but hey... i-i'm talking to you, kind of..." yeosang started, tears welling up in his eyes. "i'm s-scared, jjong... i-i need you t-to be okay. w-when you wake up... i-i'll be right here w-waiting for you, okay?"

yeosang knew he wouldn't get a response, but a part of him had hoped he would get one, and when he didn't, he finally let his tears fall.

"i-i miss you s-so much a-already... y-you mean the e-entire w-world to me... p-please recover quick, o-okay? i-i need you... i-i... i love you."

yeosang rested his head against jongho's hand as he continued to cry. he sat there and he cried, scared to leave jongho's side. he didn't want to go anywhere without him.

"t-this i-is a-all m-my f-fault, jjong... i-i n-needed y-you... a-and now y-you're h-here..."

slowly, jongho began to wake up, almost feeling as though none of what was happening was real. it didn't seem real to him that yeosang was speaking, and he could barely open his eyes to tell if he really was. the younger of the two gently started to squeeze yeosang's hand, causing the older boy to look up, eyes puffy and red.

"j-j-j—"

jongho gave the boy's hand another weak squeeze, muttering softly.

"mmh..."

"y-y—" yeosang started, feeling his words begin to get choked.

he felt himself panicking, knowing that jongho had heard him speak. he wanted to be able to talk to him so bad, but his body was not letting him.

"shh... relax," jongho whispered, recognizing yeosang's frustration quickly. "i heard you, bub. you don't have to force yourself to talk if your body isn't letting you."

yeosang frantically grabbed his phone, typing in a response.

you shouldn't be trying to talk either, you know. you're in really bad condition.

"i know... i know. hey, where's san?"

different room. he's okay though. woo's with him.

"o-okay..."

hey... try to relax, jjong. you're going into surgery soon, you need to rest.

"surgery?"

your arm. it's badly broken... they need to set the bones before putting it in a cast.

"no... i don't want a cast."

jjong... you need it though. do it for me, please?

jongho sighed, whimpering in pain in the process, still unable to fully open his eyes. in response, yeosang gently cupped his cheek, running his thumb across it.

"f-for m-m—" yeosang attempted to ask again.

jongho smiled softly, mumbling a soft response that told yeosang that he would do it.

"oh, mr. choi! you're awake," a nurse said, entering the room.

yeosang quickly pulled his hand back from the boy's face, growing a bit anxious. jongho snaked his good hand on top of yeosang's thigh, keeping him close and attempting to calm him down.

"yes... i-i am."

"you have a surgery scheduled for a half hour from now. is now a good time for me to start your check up?"

"no... i-i don't want the surgery."

jjong... yeosang typed.

"actually... fine. but not right now, okay? i-i just woke up, i-i want to relax."

"alright, i'll come back in about fifteen minutes to begin then."

jongho wanted to protest again, but yeosang just shook his head, telling jongho that he couldn't delay this for too long.

"you have such a grip on me," jongho laughed, whimpering at the pain in his chest when he did.

yeosang smiled slightly, kissing the boy's forehead and nodding.

let's keep it that way. i like the grip i have on you.

"you're so cute..."

no, you.

"yeo... i'm laying in a hospital bed with a broken arm, bum leg, stitches, bruises and burns covering my body, and i'm about 99 percent sure that i have some kind of bump on my head."

i still find you cute. i always will.

"cheesy... i love that."

can you do me a favor? don't say no to any treatment they try to give you... i need you to recover well.

"for you i'll do anything, yeo. you have my word."

i just can't risk losing you. the nurse said you should have been killed in the crash, i can't lose you now after you made it through that. you mean far too much to me.

"i may be stubborn and want to say no, but i promise i won't. i'll do anything to make sure you're happy."

yeosang smiled small, gently taking jongho's hand again.

"remember what i said, yeah? i will always fight for you."

i'll fight for you, too.

________
a/n:
and here we have progress being made :D yeo's starting to be able to talk to jjong a little, wooooo!
not much yet, but we're getting somewhere