- fifty -

TW: death, mentions of suicidal thoughts

a couple more days had passed, and jongho was still staying with san. the older had been doing better though, and jongho was planning on surprising yeosang tomorrow by going back to stay with him.

yeosang was in a surprisingly good mood when he woke up, deciding to stay in bed and watch some videos before doing anything. he realized it was starting to get close to noon, surprised his mother hadn't come in to see if he was awake yet, then he decided to check on her. and as soon as he did, he wished he hadn't.

"mom? hey... are you awake?"

silence.

"mom... it's almost noon, y-you should eat breakfast..." he whispered again, moving closer.

that was when he realized he didn't hear any breathing, causing him to tense.

"mom... m-mom?"

he gently shook her, and when she didn't move again, he realized she was gone.

"n-no... no! t-this isn't happening... i-i— i-i didn't e-even get to s-say g-goodbye!" he screamed, tears beginning to stream down his cheeks.

he quickly called jongho as he curled up on the ground, trying to avoid his anxiety taking over.

"hey, baby! w—" he started, stopping when he heard yeosang's heavy sobs.

and he knew... his mother had passed away.

"stay where you are, baby... stay on the phone. i'm on my way, okay?"

"mhmm..."

"okay... i'm coming, yeo."

jongho didn't even bother to ask for a ride or anything, he just started running. he ran as fast as he possibly could, knowing how badly yeosang needed him.

"j-jjong... p-please h-hurry..." he cried, whimpering loudly.

"baby... baby, i'm trying... i-i'm running as fast as i can..."

"i-i n-need y-you..."

"yeo, baby... get out of her room. i-i know you're still in there..."

"b-but—"

"i'm a minute away. come let me in, love..."

"o-okay..."

yeosang tried his hardest to get up, but he still felt weak in his legs, opting to crawl out of the room and down the stairs. he pulled himself up at the door, then opened it as jongho made it to the doorstep, running inside and hugging yeosang tightly as the boy sobbed. jongho took deep breaths as he held the boy, hoping that yeosang would catch on, but he didn't.

"come on, love... let's get you upstairs and into bed and then i'll call for an ambulance to come get her, okay?"

yeosang nodded slowly and took a shaky breath before shyly making grabby hands at jongho, hoping he would carry him. jongho smiled small and nodded, picking him up and carrying him up the stairs and to his bedroom. he tucked the boy into bed and kissed his forehead, then went over to his desk and grabbed a couple of fidget toys for yeosang to use, knowing that if he didn't have them, he'd start scratching himself again.

"i'll be right back, okay, baby?"

"o-o—"

jongho nodded and left the room, taking a deep breath before going into yeosang's mother's room, tensing when he saw her body. he quickly called emergency services and explained the situation, his own eyes welling with tears as he recalled her last request to jongho.