- thirty four -

jongho had successfully convinced his nurses to allow yeosang to stay through the last few nights of him being stuck in the hospital, which was a good surprise for yeosang when he found out. he had quickly taken a trip home to get some clothes and then made his way back, grateful to be allowed to stay by jongho's side with no interruptions. he had looked forward to the cuddles and kisses that jongho would give him the entire hour he was away, and he barely left the boy's side once he had gotten back.

it was jongho's last night in the hospital, which he had yet to tell yeosang, as he planned on surprising him the next morning when san and wooyoung came to pick them up. yeosang had been having a really tough morning, his mom having called him and his guilt beginning to set in again. his anxiety was extremely bad, everything seeming to trigger it no matter how much he tried to calm down.

"yeo... come here, love," jongho encouraged, opening his arms as he looked across the room to where yeosang was pacing back and forth.

yeosang shook his head, afraid that he was overwhelming jongho.

"yeosang, please... remember what we talked about, yeah? i'm here, bug..."

"n-n— n-no..."

"then i'm coming over to you."

yeosang tried to protest, shaking his head rapidly before beginning to pull at his hair, sinking to the ground. jongho carefully got up, slowly walking over to yeosang and standing in front of him, reaching out his good hand. yeosang shook his head again, continuing to pull at his hair, whining softly.

"okay..." jongho whispered, kneeling down in front of yeosang. "yeo, stop it... you're hurting yourself..."

jongho gently removed yeosang's hands from his hair one at a time, encouraging the boy to distract himself by playing with the younger's own fingers. jongho kissed yeosang's head sweetly, the older boy whimpering as he kissed the areas where yeosang had irritated his scalp.

"i'm right here, yeo... you're okay, i'm here..."

yeosang's breathing was still uneven as he looked up at jongho, his eyes tired and filled with sadness.

"let's go to the bed, yeah? cuddles?"

yeosang nodded and the two got up, slowly making their way to the hospital bed and laying down together. jongho pulled yeosang close to his chest, peppering the boy's head with kisses.

"this morning was really rough for you, bub... how about i get us something to eat and then we just spend the rest of the night relaxing?"

yeosang nodded again, nuzzling his face into the comfort of jongho's chest, the older listening to the boy's heartbeat.

"okay," jongho whispered, kissing yeosang's forehead before going ahead and ordering dinner for the two.

yeosang allowed his anxiety to melt away as he relaxed in jongho's arms, feeling his comfort grow as he stayed in this position.

"our food should be here in half an hour or so, okay?"

"mhmm..."

"you've been trying to use your voice a lot more recently... i'm really proud, yeo..."

yeosang let out a satisfied mumble, showing that he appreciated jongho's words.

"have you liked getting to stay here with me? i know it's not ideal... and it's a hospital... but have you liked spending so much time together?"

yeosang nodded, taking a deep breath as he tried to get a full sentence out.

"y-yes... i-i h— h-have."