- fourty one -

TW: mention of eating disorder

all eight boys were now gathered in san and seonghwa's living room, yeosang on jongho's lap, hongjoong curled up to seonghwa's side, wooyoung being calmed down enough to tell everyone the news by san, and yunho and mingi holding hands, unaware that they were the only two who were still unofficial. although he already knew what was coming, yeosang was still anxious, which jongho quickly noticed.

"so... i have some news for everyone," wooyoung said shakily. "um... i don't even know if i've ever formally told you all, i know san and sangie know, but everyone else... i'm not sure. i-i have an eating disorder. i-i've been struggling with it since i was thirteen, and i was doing pretty good for a while... but i'm starting to get back into old habits and i feel like i'm losing control."

the room was silent, everyone staring at wooyoung in shock. yeosang grew anxious about this, and wooyoung was losing his mind over the silence. he couldn't help but wonder if they simply didn't care.

"c-can someone say something? p-please?" he begged softly.

"why didn't you tell us sooner?" yunho asked, a soft frown forming on his face.

"i-i didn't know how to... i was scared."

"is there anything we can do to help you?" hongjoong asked.

"just... take care of each other while i'm in treatment."

"you're going away?" mingi questioned.

"y-yeah... i'm going to an inpatient treatment program to try and get back on track. i-i tried to get back on track on my own and that didn't work, and right now it just doesn't feel right to put trying to help me on all of your plates, so i'm going back into treatment."

"and you'll be okay there?" seonghwa asked, concerned.

"i've gone before... i'll be alright. last time i went they didn't allow us to have visitors, but i think that might've been specific to that location. i know they had an incident with a patient who had visitors and likely didn't want any repeats."

seonghwa nodded in response, still a bit concerned.

i know this is probably really shocking to all of you, except san of course since he knew, but i know woo's going to get through this. the first time he had a set back in recovery, he vowed to come back stronger and healthier than before, and he did. i know he's going to come back stronger than ever, and he'll be feeling like himself again in no time.

"thank you, sangie..." wooyoung whispered.

"that's really reassuring..." hongjoong said with a nod.

"hey, woo?" jongho said.

wooyoung looked up to where jongho was sitting, ready for whatever the boy had to say.

"we'll take care of san and yeosang for you. i promise."

"thank you... i needed to hear that," wooyoung smiled small. "i appreciate that a lot."

jongho nodded the slightest bit and yeosang smiled, kissing jongho's cheek and clinging to his side.

"wait a minute..." yunho said. "are you two together?"

san and wooyoung started laughing, amused that it had taken this long for yunho to notice. yeosang nodded, then noticed jongho squeezing his eyes shut and holding his head, so he quickly typed something.

jjong... hey, go lay down. i can come in a few minutes and lay with you, yeah?

"i-i don't want to..."