- fourty six -

yeosang and jongho had spent the next few days spending time with the boy's mother, but today, yeosang was far too overwhelmed to do anything. jongho told yeosang's mother that he was going to have to take a break today, which she understood, simply asking jongho to see if he'd be willing to eat dinner with her later on in the day. yeosang had agreed, and they still had hours until then.

"you've been doing a great job, yeo. i'm really proud of you."

"y-you think?"

jongho nodded, pressing a kiss to the boy's forehead.

"c-can we go to s-san's tonight? s-spend the night t-there?"

"lemme call san and find out, yeah?"

yeosang nodded, curling into jongho's side and playing with the fingers on the boy's free hand as he called san.

"jongho, hey!"

"hey, san... how's everything?"

"not bad... woo's been having a hard couple of days since sangie gave him the news, so that's been something i've been really focusing on to make sure he doesn't go backwards. but otherwise, i'm surprisingly not bad... i haven't had too many panic attacks since you guys started staying at yeosang's."

"that's good... i'm glad you're starting to do a bit better. hey, do you think we could come stay the night tonight? yeo's been really overwhelmed today and he just needs a break. i think spending some time with you guys might be helpful to him."

"yeah... yeah, of course. you guys are welcome to come stay whenever you want or need, okay?"

"thank you... we're gonna have dinner here and then we'll come over. do you think hwa will be able to pick us up? or should i text mingi?"

"i'll find out from both of them and text you with who's coming to get you guys. you don't worry about anything, just focus on sangie. how is he today? outside of feeling overwhelmed?"

"he's alright... a little quieter than he usually is with me, but he's normally like this when he's not at his best," jongho explained, kissing yeosang's forehead. "he's been doing a really good job handling all of this, honestly. i'm proud of him."

"woo thinks that's because of you. he's mentioned that to me a couple times."

"maybe... i can't take credit for it though."

"i'm gonna let you go, but i'll text you in a little bit once i know who's picking you guys up. i'll see you later?"

"see you later, san."

the boys hung up and yeosang stared up at jongho, smiling small.

"what?"

"d-did y-you mean that? a-about being proud o-of me?"

"of course i did, baby... i'm extremely proud of you."

"t-thank you for always being here... i-it means a lot to me."

"it's my pleasure, love... san's gonna text me a little later to let me know if mingi or hwa is coming to pick us up later, okay? until then let's just relax and if you feel like going down to spend time with your mom we can always go downstairs. sound good?"

yeosang nodded, closing his eyes as he hugged onto jongho, taking in the comfortable feeling that was always present when jongho was around. jongho felt the same, happily enjoying every moment he spent by yeosang's side.

"what would you say... if i proposed the idea of us getting a place together?" jongho asked.

"i'd say... w-with what money?"