- fifty three -

as the weeks went on, yeosang was finally beginning to feel a bit stronger, however things were still difficult, and he still had extremely rough days. today was one of them, he simply didn't want to move or do anything at all, and jongho was hesitant to leave his side.

"baby... you need to eat something. i'm not letting you go without having at least one meal."

yeosang just shook his head, hiding deeper under the covers. jongho sighed, sitting back down on the bed and pulling the covers down, then gently cupping one of yeosang's cheeks.

"you wanna talk? tell me what's running through your mind today?"

once more, yeosang shook his head, jongho gently running his thumb across the boy's cheek.

"yeosang... love, please just tell me what i can do for you if nothing else. i don't want you to suffer alone..."

"i-i d-don't know..."

"would cuddles help?"

yeosang nodded.

"okay... how about we cuddle for a bit, and then in a hour or so we get you something to eat?"

"n-no... n-no food..."

"yeo... i know it's been hard to eat, but you need to... you know i'll help you however i can, right?"

"i-i know..."

"do you need me to feed you like i've been doing when you don't want to eat? does that help?"

yeosang nodded again, then grabbed onto jongho's hand and tugged him to lay down. he obliged, then pressed his forehead to yeosang's. yeosang let out a sigh he didn't know he was holding, jongho gently rubbing the boy's arms.

"j-jjong?"

"yes, love?"

"c-can you f-feed me m-more? i-i eat m-more t-that way..."

"of course, angel... i'll do anything for you."

"t-thank you..."

jongho smiled just slightly and moved yeosang to be laying on the younger's chest. he began to stroke the boy's hair, comforting the older. yeosang began to hum lightly, enjoying the feeling.

"i love you so much, yeosang. i love you more than anything in the world."

"i-i love y-you too... so, so much..."

"get some rest, okay? i know you haven't been sleeping well."

yeosang nodded and closed his eyes, allowing the comfort of being close to his lover take over, eventually making him feel safe enough to fall asleep.

half an hour passed before wooyoung lightly knocked and came in, smiling sadly when he saw yeosang curled up asleep in jongho's arms.

"how's he been today?"

"not good at all... he doesn't want to tell me what's going on or eat or anything... usually i can at least get him to do one of the two and not feel forced, but right now i know he's upset that i'm making him eat when he's up."

"i'll make some food for him and let you know when it's done, okay?"

"thank you, woo..."

"as for trying to help him... just keep on doing what you're doing, okay?"

"what if that's not enough to help him?"

"why wouldn't it be?"

jongho tensed a moment, forgetting that they hadn't told wooyoung about yeosang's bad thoughts.