- thirty nine -

TW: eating disorder

the next morning, jongho and yeosang woke up to san calling them to the kitchen for breakfast. the two were surprised to see wooyoung sitting there, quietly sitting at the table with his food already, and seonghwa and hongjoong talking at the other end of the table.

"wooyoung... good to see you," jongho said softly.

wooyoung just nodded in response, playing with his food a bit. san noticed quickly and stopped what he was doing to sit next to the boy, kissing his head before he sat down.

yeosang had also noticed wooyoung playing with his food and frowned a bit, sitting on the opposite side of him, causing him to look up.

"sangie..." wooyoung whispered, his eyes welling with tears.

hey... don't cry, woo. just one bite, okay? that's all you have to do.

"i-i c-can't— i—"

san quickly cut the boy off with a tight hug, allowing him to cry softly. jongho sat next to yeosang, confused, and took his hand.

"woo... baby, it's okay... you're okay. listen to sangie, just one bite. i know how hard you've been trying and how much progress you've been making and today's just a hard day, yeah? try taking one bite, and if you can't, at least you tried."

yeosang nodded in agreement, then smiled sadly at jongho.

"hey, woo... i don't really know what's going on... but would all of us taking a bite at once help? would that be comforting to you?" jongho suggested.

"m-maybe? i-i can try..."

"that's my boy..." san whispered, smiling.

all four boys looked between each other with food on their utensils, then carefully took a bite. jongho felt nauseous as he did, hiding it to make sure that things had gone well.

"good job, woo... i'm so proud of you, baby."

"yeo..." jongho whispered.

yeosang quickly turned his head to the boy.

"i-i don't feel good... i feel like i'm gonna be sick..."

go to the bathroom, yeah? i'll be in there as soon as i can to check on you, i just want to make sure woo's doing okay too...

jongho nodded, kissing the boy's cheek before excusing himself and rushing into the bathroom and sitting by the toilet.

"sangie? is jongho okay?" san asked.

he said he feels sick. i don't think that he is though, i think this has to do with what we talked about yesterday.

san nodded, still playing with wooyoung's hair.

"i'm gonna go see if he'll let me take him to get checked out... stay with woo?"

yeosang nodded, gently reaching over and taking wooyoung's hand. the younger nervously looked up as san left the room, then yeosang pulled wooyoung into a hug.

"i-i'm so s-sorry, sangie.... i-i fucked up r-really bad..."

yeosang just nodded a bit, then pulled wooyoung to the guest room so he would feel comfortable speaking.

"i'm s-sorry, woo..."

"w-why are you sorry? y-you didn't even do anything?"

"y-you had to hear from jongho how i felt a-and not directly from me... that was wrong. i'm so sorry..."

"i broke so many promises... i caused you to feel anxious in your own home... i've done so much that doesn't even deserve forgiving, and here you are apologizing to me? sangie... you deserve a much better best friend than me."