- sixty -

"i-i came here w-with jongho... i-i was going to get you flowers as a present... b-but i know they'll die quickly because of the cold... u-um... i miss you, i-i really do. i've been doing okay though, j-jongho's helped me a lot.

i-i'm trying my best for you... t-today's already been kind of h-hard... b-but jongho's been doing what h-he can. h-he gave me these pretty rings, see? a-and he told me that y-you gave him your blessing... t-thank you for supporting me, mama... i-i love you so much."

yeosang sat staring at his mother's name for a minute, jongho kneeling down next to him and intertwining their fingers.

"hi, mama... i-i just wanted to say thank you for treating me like i was your own son. that meant so much to me, especially after the accident i was in. and thank you for giving me your blessing... it means the entire world to me to get to look over at your son every day and know i have his mother's blessing to marry him one day. merry christmas, i hope you're smiling up there today..." jongho said softly, then turning and kissing yeosang's cheek, which was now stained with tears.

"hey... don't cry, love," jongho whispered, gently cupping the boy's cheek and carefully turning the boy to face him.

"i-i miss her, jjong..."

"i know, love... i miss her too... but she's still watching us and taking care of us, yeah? it's going to be okay. i know things feel bad right now, but they're going to get better. i love you so, so much and i'll help you every step of the way, okay?"

yeosang nodded slightly, then sniffled a bit and started to wipe at his eyes. jongho was quick to stop him, gently wiping them himself.

"we can stay here as long as you want, okay? you just tell me when you're ready to go and we'll head over to san and woo's."

yeosang nodded again, then slowly moved himself to sit on jongho's lap, clinging to the boy a bit as he calmed down. he started to talk to his mother again, telling her about the christmas party that the boys had surprised him with and how they were going over to wooyoung and san's for dinner later on. he told her about how he wanted to continue their tradition, even if he was the only person dressed up. he continued to talk until he couldn't come up with anything else to say, and that was when he finally looked at jongho and saw the boy smiling from ear to ear.

"what?"

"you only stuttered three times that entire time you were talking, yeo..."

yeosang blushed a bit, nodding just slightly. he hadn't even been noticing the small improvements with his speech, but jongho seemed to notice every little thing, and that made yeosang really happy.

"i didn't even notice..."

"you've been doing so good, yeo... i'm so proud of you, baby."

"i'm proud of me too," yeosang whispered.

jongho pressed a soft kiss to the boy's lips, then yeosang giggled a bit and got up.

"let's go see san and woo now," yeosang said softly.

"alright, let's go."

"merry christmas, mom... i hope you're having a blast up there," yeosang whispered, then kissing his hand and pressing it to the stone before beginning to walk off, pulling jongho along with him.

soon, they were at wooyoung and san's, jongho knocking as yeosang busied himself with preparing to hopefully say hi to san after all this time.

"hey guys, come on in," san said, smiling.

yeosang quickly noticed how nicely he was dressed, which confused the boy as he recalled jongho saying it was nothing special. the two walked in and wooyoung quickly made his way out of the kitchen to say hi, hugging both boys before heading back to finish up what he was doing. yeosang noticed he was also dressed nice, further confusing him. he then looked over at jongho and for the first time that day noticed that he was wearing a nice button up, so he quickly tapped his lover's shoulder and typed something into his phone.