- fifty nine -

yeosang woke up surprisingly early on christmas morning, sighing as he got up and went to the bathroom before heading into the living room and curling up on the couch. he stared at the christmas tree, which he had decorated all pretty with jongho only a week ago. a frown formed on his face as he stared at the tree, upset that he couldn't show his mom or spend one last christmas with her.

he didn't even realize that he'd started crying until jongho, who had heard his sobs from their room, wiped his tears away and pulled him onto his lap.

"yeo, baby..."

"i-i miss her s-so m-much, jjong..."

"i know you do, love... i know. it's okay to miss her, bug..."

yeosang nodded and continued to cry, slowly calming down as jongho comforted him.

"i'm gonna make us some breakfast, okay?"

"o-okay..."

jongho gently put yeosang back down next to him, kissing the boy's cheek before getting up and going to the kitchen. yeosang took a deep breath before he went into their bedroom, going into the closet and grabbing jongho's gift, finally putting it under the tree. he then walked into the kitchen and hugged his lover from behind, causing a smile to form on jongho's lips.

"merry christmas, yeosang."

"merry christmas, jjong."

"food's almost ready, can you set the table, love?"

yeosang nodded against jongho's back, then went and began to set the table, things already starting to feel a bit better for the older. jongho was really his happy pill, and he had no idea how he could ever show the boy how much that meant to him.

"i made your favorite, bug," jongho said with a smile as he brought the food over.

"thank you... you're so good to me."

"i love you so much, yeo."

"i love you more."

the two quickly served themselves and dug in, jongho excited to give yeosang his present when they finished. yeosang ate slowly, wanting to savor every moment of his first holiday with jongho. he wanted today to be good, even if he didn't have his mom.

"san texted me this morning and said they're having christmas dinner tonight at their place. do you want to join them?" jongho asked as they finished up eating.

"w-who's going to be there?"

"just the two of them, i believe. he did say that they invited the others for dessert though."

"let's go then."

"alright, i'll text san and let him know."

"i-i'll take care of the dishes, jjong. you text san and wash the table."

jongho nodded, smiling small before he got up, kissing yeosang's temple before he left the room to grab his phone from the charger. yeosang smiled and began to gather the dishes, washing and drying them before putting them away.

he was soon greeted with a back hug from jongho, leaving a smile on his face.

"i'm so happy with you, bub," jongho mumbled, kissing yeosang's shoulder.

yeosang hummed a bit and finished with what he was doing before he turned around in jongho's arms and wrapped his arms around his neck.

"this little life we have together makes me excited for what's to come," jongho said sincerely.

"i love you... t-thank you for always e-encouraging me to be my best self... even on my bad days."

"c'mon, let's open presents... i'm excited for you to open yours."