- fourty seven -

the next morning, yeosang woke up in jongho's arms, feeling safe and filled with love. things felt extremely light this morning, and the boy could only hope that this feeling would stick around.

yeosang quietly took out his phone and took a couple of pictures of the sleeping boy beside him, smiling a bit before texting his mom "good morning" and then going on instagram and scrolling through his feed. he smiled wider as he saw a post yunho had made, making him and mingi official, and his smile only grew as he saw his friends all looking so happy.

"good morning, smiley," jongho whispered as he opened his eyes to see yeosang smiling beside him.

"g'morning," the boy said softly, locking his phone and leaning up to press a kiss to jongho's cheek.

"what are we doing today? anything in mind?"

"um.. i-i wanted to see about m-maybe a double date with san and woo?"

"that sounds like a great idea, love. and then maybe tonight we can go back to your house and watch a movie or something with your mom if you'd like."

"perfect... so, so perfect."

"beautiful. i'll go see if those two are awake, okay?"

yeosang nodded as the boy got up, smiling a bit as he left the room and then going back to texting his mom.

jongho knocked on san's door, receiving a quiet come in, to which he opened the door and waved as he walked in. san was laying in wooyoung's arms, shaking, tears staining his cheeks. he looked like a wreck, automatically concerning his cousin.

"san... hey, what's wrong?"

"e-everything? i-i don't k-know w-where to s-start..."

jongho nodded, sitting at the edge of the bed and looking at wooyoung with worried eyes.

"panic attack," wooyoung whispered. "he had a nightmare and woke up panicking. he hasn't fully been able to come down yet, he's feeling a bit paranoid right now."

"how long has it been since it started?"

"longer than usual... he had been doing pretty good, but something happened and he won't tell me what. jjong... i-i think you need to stay here for a few days. maybe even a bit longer."

"woo... i-i can't... yeosang—"

"jongho. this is your cousin, he's the only family you have left. please, please think about that. i know yeosang is important to you and he needs you right now, too... but i'm just asking for you to stay for a little while... you'll be back with sangie in no time..."

jongho sighed, feeling extremely conflicted, then nodded slightly.

"i-i'll let you know, okay? i-i need to make sure yeo's going to be able to handle it..."

wooyoung nodded, gently playing with san's hair, then the boy started sobbing again and jongho tensed. he had never in his life seen san so broken, not even when he had been kicked out.

"t-they're g-gonna k-kill us, jjong... t-they're g-gonna g-get us..."

"no... san, we're safe, i promise. i promise you we're safe. right, woo?"

"yeah... listen to jjong, sannie. you're safe here. you're both safe."

wooyoung gently went back to soothing san and then jongho sighed, catching both boys' attention.

"i'm so sorry, jjong... what did you come in here for?"

"um... yeo wanted to go on a double date with you guys... but it's okay, i can tell him today's not a good day."