- sixty two -

wooyoung and yeosang sat on the couch, drinking their hot chocolates as they talked about how much things had changed over the course of the year.

"i can't believe you went from refusing to hang out with any of my friends to being best friends with all of us."

"yeah... a lot has changed."

"and you have your first boyfriend too!"

"and he's going to be my last boyfriend, if i can help it."

"you two are cute, you know that?"

yeosang laughed a bit, then nodded.

"it's totally not like you all tell us that all the time."

"okay, but we have our reasons! before you, jongho never even had an interest in dating. seeing him love someone so much is new for us."

"he's perfect, woo... i-i'm so lucky."

"you're finally going to get a new year's kiss, sangie. how's that feel?"

"amazing... incredible. you know... i-i know i lost m-my m-mom this year... a-and my dad ran away from all of his responsibilities... b-but this year's been p-pretty good otherwise..."

"you've had a lot of firsts... you've made a lot of accomplishments... i'm really proud of you, yeosang."

"thanks, woo... i-i know we had our moments, but i really couldn't do any of this without you."

"i'm glad i've gotten to be by your side through all of this."

"thank you for everything... always."

wooyoung pulled yeosang into a hug, smiling, and soon, there was a knock at the door. yeosang quickly got up and went to the door, letting hongjoong and seonghwa in.

"hi sangie!" hongjoong greeted.

"h— h-h—" yeosang attempted, pouting as he began to get frustrated.

"don't worry, sangie! you're doing amazing! last week you could barely even get any sound out when you tried, you're getting there!" hongjoong encouraged, giving the boy a hug.

yeosang sighed and nodded a bit, staring at the ground. seonghwa gave the boy a hug next, whispering "i'm proud of you" to him before joining hongjoong on the couch.

"san and jongho are at our place right now. mingi took them shopping earlier and they've been getting snacks ready to come over here from what i was told," wooyoung explained.

seonghwa nodded, hongjoong getting comfortable cuddling into the older boy's side. yeosang went to sit down and heard another knock at the door, sighing and walking over to open it. he waved at yunho and mingi as he let them in, then started playing with his anxiety ring as he walked over to wooyoung, who quickly noticed how off the older was.

"do you need anything, sangie?"

"jongho..." yeosang whispered, wooyoung barely even able to hear what he said.

"i'll call him. do you want to go to your room and relax until he gets here?"

yeosang shook his head rapidly, not wanting to be alone. he carefully wrapped his arms around wooyoung's arm, holding onto him tightly as he tried to distract himself from his anxiety.

"hongjoong? can you do me a favor?" wooyoung asked.

"yeah... what's up?"

"can you call jongho? sangie's getting anxious and needs him..."

hongjoong nodded and quickly called jongho, and soon they were left to wait. around five minutes passed before jongho and san walked in, the younger of the two quickly coming over and sitting next to his boyfriend, who crawled into his lap.