- epilogue -

~ a year and a half later ~

"you did great today, yeosang! you're going to be talking to all of your friends in no time at this rate!"

yeosang smiled brightly at his speech therapist, whispering a soft thank you to her. shortly after his first new year's gathering with his friends, yeosang found himself determined to speak to all of them at some point, preferably sooner rather than later. so, at his next therapy appointment, he had asked if he could get a referral to a speech therapist, wondering if that would be helpful to him. his therapist had been surprised, happy to give him the referral she had mentioned long ago. he started going as soon as he could, jongho fully supporting him and encouraging him in any way possible.

yeosang made his way out to where jongho sat in the waiting room, on the phone with yewon.

"wonnie, bunny... not today, okay?"

jongho chuckled at the girl's whining, begging her brother to come over and play.

"hey... sangie and i will come over tomorrow, okay? maybe we'll even pick you up from school!"

"promise?"

"i promise, bunny."

yeosang's heart swelled at how good of a brother jongho was, the boy watching as the younger hung up the phone and turned his attention to his lover.

"how'd it go, bug?"

"it went good... she said i did great."

"awesome... i'm really proud of you, you know that?"

yeosang blushed and nodded, resting his head on jongho's shoulder. jongho quickly noticed that the boy looked a bit tired, beginning to run his fingers through the older's hair to help him relax a bit.

"woo's on his way to come get us. he insisted, said he didn't want us to walk."

"hm... wonder if san's having a bad day and that's why."

jongho frowned slightly, nodding.

"yeah... it probably is. he's been having panic attacks more frequently again..."

"jjong... it's okay to worry about him. what's important is that you remember that he's safe and even though he has bad days, even bad weeks sometimes, he's always going to have woo there to take care of him and make sure he's okay."

jongho smiled small, nodding a bit, then his phone buzzed and he saw a text from wooyoung.

"ready to go?"

yeosang nodded and the two got up and went out to wooyoung's car.

"hi guys!" he said happily, san in the passenger's seat.

"sorry for kind of... kidnapping you like this, sannie just wanted to see everyone so we're heading to seonghwa and hongjoong's. i hope that's okay!"

yeosang nodded, having been missing hongjoong a bit anyways. in the past year, he had grown extremely close to the older, and although he could only speak in short sentences around him most of the time, it was still better than nothing. seonghwa was a bit jealous of this, especially since he had known yeosang for so long, but he was happy that yeosang felt comfortable enough to speak to hongjoong. he knew it was hard for the boy to get that comfortable with anyone, so he was happy for both hongjoong and yeosang.

"that's alright! i-i just might need to sneak out for a walk or something at some point, therapy was a-a lot today."

"oh my goodness, of course! that's no problem, sangie. i know we're disrupting your normal routine, so you just do whatever you need to do once we're there."