- eight -

wooyoung
morning sangie !!! my
friends & i are all hanging
out today :) will you please
come with me???

yeosang chewed at his lip, unsure of what he wanted to do. a part of him wanted to go, to see hongjoong and yunho again. another part of him, however, was absolutely terrified. he knew it wasn't going to just be wooyoung, hongjoong, and yunho there. he knew that meant san and their other friends would be there too. that was what scared yeosang.

yeosang
i don't know, woo :/
who's going to be there?

wooyoung
san, hongjoong, yunho,
mingi and seonghwa !!

seonghwa... park seonghwa?? could it be?? seonghwa had been yeosang's first friend, long before he even met wooyoung. the older boy had moved away before he was able to get close enough to yeosang for the younger to properly speak in front of him, and that was long before the boy knew how to write, so the two struggled to understand each other.

yeosang began to wonder if maybe, seonghwa remembered him.

yeosang
park seonghwa?

wooyoung
yeah! how'd you know that??

yeosang
long story...

i'll think about going, but
i don't think i'm going to :/
i'm sorry woo

wooyoung
i'm coming over, okay???
i won't try to talk you into
it but i really want to hear
how you know hwa & maybe
give you a little encouragement
if you're still thinking about it

instead of responding, yeosang simply left it, knowing that no matter what, wooyoung was going to come over. he didn't care if yeosang said yes or no, he knew yeosang was probably overthinking and needed his best friend.

and boy, wooyoung was right.

when wooyoung arrived, yeosang was digging through old memory boxes, searching for the one picture he had of seonghwa and himself. he appeared frantic, panicking over the missing photograph. the room was a mess, causing wooyoung's eyes to widen as he watched yeosang throw a stack of papers across the room.

"yeosang... sangie, what are you doing?"

"i-i n-need to find i-it," he muttered, crawling towards another box.

wooyoung quickly made his way to yeosang's side and grabbed the boy's shoulders gently, causing yeosang to look up at him.

"look at me... just focus on me. take a few deep breaths... everything is going to be okay, sangie... i just need you to tell me what you're looking for and i can try to help you find it."

"p-park s-seonghwa..."

"what about him, sangie? what about him?"

"t-theres a picture... i-i need to f-find it..."

"a picture of him?"

"w-with me... w-we were really l-little."

"okay... i'll help you find it, sangie. just try to take some deep breaths, yeah? i'm here to help."

yeosang nodded and took a deep breath, sitting in place while wooyoung started to look for the picture. he felt overwhelmed by the support that wooyoung provided him, causing tears to prick his eyes.

he felt guilty for not being able to support wooyoung the same way, letting silent tears run down his cheeks as he continued to look for the picture of seonghwa and himself.

it wasn't too much longer until he found it, hugging it close to his chest and letting soft whimpers come out of his mouth. this worried wooyoung, causing the younger to frown and go to yeosang's side.

"sangie... hey, bub, what's wrong?"

"i-i—"

"did you find it?"

yeosang nodded and handed the picture to wooyoung.

"oh my god... you guys were so small... how old were you?"

"i-i was four. seonghwa was five... i-it was right before his sixth birthday, i think."

"that was before we met..."

"i-i met him when i was three. i-in daycare. i-i didn't talk to anyone o-or play with anyone, a-and he came over and started to play with me. h-he didn't say anything, we just played. a-and then he told me his name and asked if we could be friends, a-and i nodded. he was so h-happy, he didn't mind that i didn't talk. t-three months into our friendship i-i tried to talk and i-it was really hard but i did it. i-i stuttered a lot but seonghwa was so proud of me... h-he hugged me and gave me one of the stickers his mom had given him to congratulate me. h-he moved away shortly after my fifth birthday... h-he cried, h-he didn't want to leave me. i-i just felt like it was my fault..."

"sangie..."

"i-i want to see him again... i-i'm just scared."

"so come with me today... it's at san and seonghwa's house..."

"san lives w-with him?"

"seonghwa's gay... and san is too, but you knew that. most people don't accept that and so they decided it would be best if they got an apartment together instead of living on campus."

yeosang nodded, chewing his lip a bit.

"i-i can't go, woo... i-i'm not ready. n-next time?"

"that's okay, sangie. thank you for considering, yeah? maybe next time i'll have everyone over to mine, that way if you choose to come at least it's a familiar environment. would that help?"

"i-it might... i don't know. thank you, woo..."

"anything for you. hey, can i bring that picture with me and show hwa? i think he'd be really happy to see you."

"o-okay..."

yeosang got up from the ground, sighing when he saw the mess he had made and chewing his lip.

"don't stress yourself out with cleaning, sangie. i'll be back here in a few hours and i can help you then if you haven't finished. it's sleepover night, remember?"

yeosang smiled a bit and nodded, happy that wooyoung remembered. for years now, they had been having a sleepover a week, which ultimately helped yeosang to feel safe with the younger. it built their friendship to be stronger than anyone could've imagined, and that made yeosang extremely happy. he didn't know he was capable of such a strong friendship.

but he had wooyoung there to believe in him.

_______
a/n:
hello hello i can't get all about you out of my head <3